So I got the ultra at launch from Verizon. I don't make many phone calls but what I've noticed is that everyone complains that they can't hear me, they hear a tweeting noise, they can't make out what I'm saying at all. I thought it was just when I was out of the house but no its in my house too and on perfect signal wifi. What could be wrong with my phone? Thanks for any and all advice!!
    12-29-2020 01:14 PM
    So I got the ultra at launch from Verizon. I don't make many phone calls but what I've noticed is that everyone complains that they can't hear me, they hear a tweeting noise, they can't make out what I'm saying at all. I thought it was just when I was out of the house but no its in my house too and on perfect signal wifi. What could be wrong with my phone? Thanks for any and all advice!!
    Are you using WiFI calling?
    tube517 likes this.
    12-29-2020 01:43 PM
    Sorry I don't have advice, but I can report that I have a Samsung unlocked N20U on VZW since launch, and have not had complaints from anyone I have talked to.
    ansa82 likes this.
    12-29-2020 01:44 PM
    Are you using WiFI calling?
    I'm not sure? My phone is on wifi when I'm in my house. Is that what wifi calling is?
    12-29-2020 03:03 PM
    I had to turn off wifi calling on my Verizon phone. Even with a good strong signal, quality is bad, cuts off to people I talk to. Even with a low signal reception, still way better than wifi calls.

Settings> Connections> wifi calling toggle (2nd from top). UI3.0
    12-29-2020 03:16 PM
    I had to turn off wifi calling on my Verizon phone. Even with a good strong signal, quality is bad, cuts off to people I talk to. Even with a low signal reception, still way better than wifi calls.

Settings> Connections> wifi calling toggle (2nd from top). UI3.0
    Actually I just checked and wifi calling is off. In my case I'm turning it on to see if it helps anything. When I'm out of the house is it the lack of a strong 5G signal that affects calls? My phone will say 5G even though the nearest city that has 5G is really far away.
    12-29-2020 05:24 PM
    Actually I just checked and wifi calling is off. In my case I'm turning it on to see if it helps anything. When I'm out of the house is it the lack of a strong 5G signal that affects calls? My phone will say 5G even though the nearest city that has 5G is really far away.
    That's the nationwide 5G you are seeing, not the Ultra Wide Band
    ansa82 likes this.
    12-29-2020 06:42 PM
    Is your cell signal strong at home? if not, try enable WiFi calling and see if other side can hear you better.
    ansa82 likes this.
    12-29-2020 07:00 PM
    I would suggest going about getting a warranty repair or placement.
    ansa82 likes this.
    12-29-2020 11:29 PM
    Is your cell signal strong at home? if not, try enable WiFi calling and see if other side can hear you better.
    Yep actually the calls are better at home now. Unfortunately out of the house the calls still suck and I assume that's from poor cellular signal? I turned 5G off but it's still pretty bad
    12-30-2020 10:56 AM
    Yep actually the calls are better at home now. Unfortunately out of the house the calls still suck and I assume that's from poor cellular signal? I turned 5G off but it's still pretty bad
    If 5G is poor it is likely automatically switch for better reception. You'll either see 5G (e) or 4G automatically. You shouldn't have to turn it on or off manually. I don't know how Verizon do theirs coverage, but I know ATT is pretty good switching if my connection is poor.
    ansa82 likes this.
    12-30-2020 01:20 PM
    One more question. Do you subscribe to 5G plan with Verizon? A buddy of mine said he doesn't get 5G since he got his iPhone, it turns out he didn't subscribe to his 5G plan. Most people assumed they automatically get 5G if they get 5G phone.
    12-30-2020 01:24 PM
    If 5G is poor it is likely automatically switch for better reception. You'll either see 5G (e) or 4G automatically. You shouldn't have to turn it on or off manually. I don't know how Verizon do theirs coverage, but I know ATT is pretty good switching if my connection is poor.
    I set it for CDMA on my settings thinking it would pull 4G but it doesn't. I still get the 5G signal top of my phone but the signal is poor. Idk I'm noticing also that I get a lot of exclamations next to my signal and then webpages won't come up at all. I may have to call Verizon and get a warranty replacement. I wonder if this phone just has a poor antenna (if that's a thing lol)
    12-31-2020 07:57 AM
    One more question. Do you subscribe to 5G plan with Verizon? A buddy of mine said he doesn't get 5G since he got his iPhone, it turns out he didn't subscribe to his 5G plan. Most people assumed they automatically get 5G if they get 5G phone.
    Yes I do. My plan includes 5G
    12-31-2020 07:58 AM
    I set it for CDMA on my settings thinking it would pull 4G but it doesn't. I still get the 5G signal top of my phone but the signal is poor. Idk I'm noticing also that I get a lot of exclamations next to my signal and then webpages won't come up at all. I may have to call Verizon and get a warranty replacement. I wonder if this phone just has a poor antenna (if that's a thing lol)
    Well, that sucks. LOL
    ansa82 likes this.
    12-31-2020 05:48 PM
    I would call Verizon and complain.
    ansa82 likes this.
    12-31-2020 06:46 PM