Samsung after sales is dire.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
So in the past, whenever I purchased a mobile device from Samsung USA directly the item in question would automatically be under my devices and covered with the relevant one year samsung warranty.

My current note 20 ultra purchased directly from them isn't. They are wanting the attached , absolutely shameful and comical at the same time. The IMEI number and samsung details are linked to this purchase. It appears they just add extra hoops and create more customer pain points.

Screenshot_20201230-152521_Outlook.jpeg

Last edited:

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
That's crazy if you bought it from there they should have all the information on File It's probably the help they have nowadays

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I agree, historically it has been like that. But now when I go to samsung members I have to request warranty via registration. There's nothing wrong with my device but I'd like to know that it's covered for the period that I own it. They played something similar with a samsung refrigerator, bought brand new from Lowes, they stated it only had 7 months warranty when I tried to register it.
That's crazy if you bought it from there they should have all the information on File It's probably the help they have nowadays

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
crazy how much data they need lmao.In Indonesia if you only have the phone they will start counting from the MFD(Manufacturing Date)but if you have the proof of purchase(physical/digital)then they will take it as valid proof.My N20Us MFD is 17th September 2020,Purchase date is 7th October 2020.So without a proof of purchase my warranty is automatically until 17th September 2021.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So in the past, whenever I purchased a mobile device from Samsung USA directly the item in question would automatically be under my devices and covered with the relevant one year samsung warranty.

My current note 20 ultra purchased directly from them isn't. They are wanting the attached , absolutely shameful and comical at the same time. The IMEI number and samsung details are linked to this purchase. It appears they just add extra hoops and create more customer pain points.

View attachment 330297
Odd.....I didn't have to do anything with mine. They had all my information and I was even able to add the accidental damage plan after the fact but decided not to. I wouldn't worry about it because you have your proof purchase in case something happens.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Thanks, incidentally would you happen to know what the proof of purchase would be purchasing from Samsung USA website ? All I seem to have got paper wise is a samsung order sheet with item number in the box when I received delivery of item. It doesn't even state much information, just one line item showing phone model number and quantity.
Odd.....I didn't have to do anything with mine. They had all my information and I was even able to add the accidental damage plan after the fact but decided not to. I wouldn't worry about it because you have your proof purchase in case something happens.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, incidentally would you happen to know what the proof of purchase would be purchasing from Samsung USA website ?
The final page with the price, tax, etc. (It probably said "print this for your records".) After you closed it, you probably can't get back to it (but you could try your browser's history anyway). If not, see if Samsung can provide you with a .pdf of your purchase. (That's kind of sticking their own knife into them.)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The final page with the price, tax, etc. (It probably said "print this for your records".) After you closed it, you probably can't get back to it (but you could try your browser's history anyway). If not, see if Samsung can provide you with a .pdf of your purchase. (That's kind of sticking their own knife into them.)

I like it!! LMAO

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, incidentally would you happen to know what the proof of purchase would be purchasing from Samsung USA website ? All I seem to have got paper wise is a samsung order sheet with item number in the box when I received delivery of item. It doesn't even state much information, just one line item showing phone model number and quantity.
You should be able to pull up an order number or invoice in your orders in your account.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There's an order history in everyone's Samsung account

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's disappointing, and it seems to be very complicated - which shouldn't be the case, especially if you ordered directly from Samsung.