Paying with phone fun

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I still get a kick out of when I go to some places that aren't setup for tap n pay a d I take my phone out. Today at a local pet store. "That's not going to work". "Oh it'll work " (transaction processes) . "Omg that has never worked here before. I said that's probably because before people were trying to use Apple.

Flytetymex

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
That is always fun. But unfortunately looks like Samsung is getting rid of that. Disappeared from the watches and now the new S21s are missing the MST feature. Sucks.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Also sucks that you no longer get samsung rewards from using Samsung Pay. I partly lose the motivation to take my phone out.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
It was a lot more fun because when mobile payments was not known, I started using Softcard as soon as it was released as isis. nobody know about mobile payments back then and would think you were hacking their card terminal. Now cashiers all know about apple pay :) Apple has one of the best marketing teams out there. Today, it is unfortuate that MST is being discontinued. Going to miss that fun of showing and telling the cashier that it is something apple pay can not do.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
That is always fun. But unfortunately looks like Samsung is getting rid of that. Disappeared from the watches and now the new S21s are missing the MST feature. Sucks.

It's only a matter of time before magnetic steps are gone anyways as chipped cards are beginning the new norm. MST did save my butt once when I had to travel for work and I forgot my wallet. Definitely had a number of people at some places go nuts when I was able to use it at a non-NFC terminal. Either way, if I end up upgrading to a phone without it, hopefully my watches MST will still work. Haven't upgraded from either of my Gear S2 watches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21