AT&T Security Patches & One Ui 3.0

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
[This is an accidental double post. I have alerted moderator to remove this thread. Please reply to other thread @ https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...curity-patches-one-ui-3-0-a.html#post6913070]

Recently contacted AT&T wireless as I had not yet received the One UI 3.0 update on my Note 20 Ultra. Through the chat with tech support I discovered that also I have not received a security patch since July 2020. I find this very concerning. I talked to their advanced tech support department and after pushing the update out to me twice I still had not received it. It has been days since I called and the issue is still unresolved. I replaced my Sim card today and still no updates.

Has anyone experienced these issues with AT&T? Can anyone verify the latest security patch they have and if they have received the One UI 3.0 update on this carrier?

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
re: AT&T Security Patches & One Ui 3.0

Hi, this been long time problem for Att on samsung, have you tried Smart Switch on the pc? Otherwise you'll need to odin and flash it .

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the issue on the S8+, note 9 , and note 10 +. I never got updates from at&t. I had to Odin all the updates and att couldn't tell me why . Thankfully I've had none of those issues on the Note 20 ultra. I've been getting updates with no problem. I have no idea what the issue was . Im currently on Android 11, ui 3.0 with January security patch. Hopefully you can get it resolved. I know how frustrating it can be not knowing why you aren't getting updates and having to deal with att's crappy customer service.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
re: AT&T Security Patches & One Ui 3.0

Yes I do. I am trying to find the right firmware on Sammobile.
Sammobile won't have Att , pretty much hard to get , you can use TMB or verizon , if you really want go to the unlock firmware and get the OTA and never worry about this again

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Sammobile won't have Att , pretty much hard to get , you can use TMB or verizon , if you really want go to the unlock firmware and get the OTA and never worry about this again
So yea the AT&T version for a SM-N986U is next to impossible to get. Are you suggesting I flash a Verizon firmware? Otherwise what would I have to do? Pay to have my phone unlocked from the carrier?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So yea the AT&T version for a SM-N986U is next to impossible to get. Are you suggesting I flash a Verizon firmware? Otherwise what would I have to do? Pay to have my phone unlocked from the carrier?

If you choose to have it unlocked you can only if your changing carriers, but can flash Tmobile or Verizon won't matter.

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
If you choose to have it unlocked you can only if your changing carriers, but can flash Tmobile or Verizon won't matter.
I think I'm just going to flash an AT&T one I found for a N-986U1. The U1 and U (my model) is interchangeable from what I have read. Flashing it in a few. Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think I'm just going to flash an AT&T one I found for a N-986U1. The U1 and U (my model) is interchangeable from what I have read. Flashing it in a few. Thanks.
Make a back up through smart switch on the pc it will factory reset .

Use prince comsey if you going from U to U1

NOTE20FAN2020

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
Just got done talking to AT&T about this issue on my NOTE 20 5G. They say they are going to 1: Push the update to my phone within 24 hour and 2: Contact me to see if I have gotten the update or not.

I'm not holding my breath but who knows.

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, this been long time problem for Att on samsung, have you tried Smart Switch on the pc? Otherwise you'll need to odin and flash it .
Doing my research. Wow, AT&T is absolutely awful when it comes to releasing updates and patches. It almost makes me want to leave the carrier. What a nightmare!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Doing my research. Wow, AT&T is absolutely awful when it comes to releasing updates and patches. It almost makes me want to leave the carrier. What a nightmare!
Yeah for some on the carrier version updates stop updating until a certain point, unlocked version no issues.

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah for some on the carrier version updates stop updating until a certain point, unlocked version no issues.
So I finally got things to work. I updated my security patch first on the forum page you stickied and then found that a T-Mobile version of Android 11 for my SM-N986U flashed just fine. I ran into issues trying to load AT&T's Android 11 for the U1 version as Odin would flash it but when the device rebooted, it would not install the OS. So I'm good now. Thanks for your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I finally got things to work. I updated my security patch first on the forum page you stickied and then found that a T-Mobile version of Android 11 for my SM-N986U flashed just fine. I ran into issues trying to load AT&T's Android 11 for the U1 version as Odin would flash it but when the device rebooted, it would not install the OS. So I'm good now. Thanks for your help.
Very good Your Welcome!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Yep I had flawless on time, all the time updates on my unlocked pixel 1 with AT&T through it's whole life. But I only buy unlocked phones. This does make me think twice about ever possibly bringing a Samsung phone to AT&T though :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs