If not Samsung, what brand next?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Keep my Note phones until they give out. May go to the flip but the Pixel does look enticing.

The pixel hardware isn't usually (never actually lol) on top of the spec heap, or the flashiest... but as far as an easy to use, dependable, get the job done phone with the longest, most reliable software support, and the first to get the cutting edge Android features it can't be beat. I've loved the call screen feature since I first got it ages ago. Pixels aren't (over) loaded with options and heavy skins, but they have every feature most would ever need, plus those often-times very cool bleeding edge Android features that sometimes takes years to trickle down to other phones.

For me pixels make using my phone fun instead of frustrating :D I hope they keep making them :p

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The thing that gets me about jumping to the OnePlus for lack of sd support is comical seeing as they lack support of sd as well at least with flagships. I like the designs of their phones, but their lack of good trade-ins promos usually prices them above Samsung for me which I just can't jump ship knowing that it cost me so much more and not fit into my ecosystem of watches and tablets as well.
OnePlus has always been a contender for me. I've been keeping an eye on them since the OnePlus 5!

Jameseld82a

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
I have been going to other brands in the past year to get a taste of what they are like compared to Samsung.

First off I tried the Oneplus 8 Pro which I loved but still preferred One UI over Oxygen OS.

Then I went to Huawei with the P40 Pro and being very honest it was such a good phone but in the end the lack of GMS wasn't ideal for me and with a heavy heart I had to sell it. A big shame as I really do believe with GMS it could have been a phone I would have kept using for a very long time.

I went back to my iPhone 11 Pro Max for a while because as boring as I find ios sometimes there is no denying everything just works with no fuss.

Overall though I'm excited to be getting back to Samsung this week when the S21 Ultra arrives :)

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably just use my N20 Ultra for a few years if I'm not happy with what Samsung offers.

Sadly none of the other OEMs interest me right now, I might actually jump to Apple one day depending how things go.

Samsung and Google teamed up to do a Galaxy S4 GPE. This was possibly the best Android phone ever. With that being said, the two need to just team back up with Galaxy S devices moving forward. This would combine the best hardware with immediate software updates. This fiasco they have going on right now, is ridiculous to say the least. At this point anything other than iPhone or Pixel is just pointless . The problem with Pixels is the hardware. Samsung could fix this.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been grappling with this question as I think ahead... I've used Samsung for so long now so I know what to expect. I had LG and HTC in the past and there were always things there that I felt were missing probably because I was so used to Samsung but depending on what happens later this year, I really don't know. I really am intrigued by the scrolling screen that LG is coming out with soon, and Oppo has outside of the US, and I think Samsung will be coming out with their version of that next year - so maybe I'll wait for that? Just not keen on moving parts, though.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Have to disagree with that statement(not with a Google Samsung collab as that would be stellar). Just the fact that other than iPhone and pixels there's no room for galaxy's. People joke about the S series turning into the Android iPhone when I feel that's the pixel. Although google updates are nice most features that I like about android are on the galaxy's before they come to an Android update. Too me those just bring extra security and more os maintenance. Palm to swipe is still one of those underrated features when it comes to take easy screenshots. Bloat or not there are a few customizations that sets the galaxy series apart from being just another Android device in a sea full of devices.
Samsung and Google teamed up to do a Galaxy S4 GPE. This was possibly the best Android phone ever. With that being said, the two need to just team back up with Galaxy S devices moving forward. This would combine the best hardware with immediate software updates. This fiasco they have going on right now, is ridiculous to say the least. At this point anything other than iPhone or Pixel is just pointless . The problem with Pixels is the hardware. Samsung could fix this.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
A rollable phone seems like an awesome concept and I can't wait to see a live demo. I'm at the point to where I want some fresh new technology that's unlike anything we have seen. I know I have to keep my expectations reasonable, but I'm ready for the next big thing. No pun intended
I've been grappling with this question as I think ahead... I've used Samsung for so long now so I know what to expect. I had LG and HTC in the past and there were always things there that I felt were missing probably because I was so used to Samsung but depending on what happens later this year, I really don't know. I really am intrigued by the scrolling screen that LG is coming out with soon, and Oppo has outside of the US, and I think Samsung will be coming out with their version of that next year - so maybe I'll wait for that? Just not keen on moving parts, though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
A rollable phone seems like an awesome concept and I can't wait to see a live demo. I'm at the point to where I want some fresh new technology that's unlike anything we have seen. I know I have to keep my expectations reasonable, but I'm ready for the next big thing. No pun intended
I'm interested in that myself , still like to see more manufacturers use the pop up camera like one plus and some others did ,.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time with the possible demise of the Note line. I get attached to my devices and usually just pass them on to my grandkids when I upgrade every year. I've had nothing but Samsung phones since 2010 so I'll hold on to the N20U until I see what the rollable phone looks/feels like.

I like the Samsung ecosystem, and like other posters, both my husband and I have Samsung watches so I'll stick with Samsung, I hope whatever comes next after the Note continues to have the Spen and self-storing silo as well. I'm not a fan of having to use a case to store the pen. Although, most case manufacturers would probably adjust production to incorporate it into their case lines.

Hopefully, this is all just a bad dream and the Note line will live on!

Poshworld

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
What a great thread! To be honest, I've truly loved my S10 and don't want to give it up! But when my phone eventually quits, I'd either stay with Samsung or go back to Pixel. I really loved my Google Pixel 2 and wouldn't mind giving the Pixel 5 or even the Pixel 6 a whirl in the future. The thing is, Samsung phones are just getting too big and unwieldy for me. And I miss the camera experience that I got with my Pixel.

I've always wanted to try OnePlus but their phones are getting too big as well, and their cameras don't compare well to Pixel's, either.

Spot on. They are getting too big and unwieldy! I'm using my iPhone more (sadly) due to the size of the N20 ultra. Simply huge 😑

Poshworld

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to stick with my S10+. To get the S21 would be a downgrade in some specs and an upgrade in others, but overall there is no must-have feature on the S21 to make the change. I'm a big Samsung fan but am disappointed that the phone sizes just getting bigger and bigger. My S10+ is 6.4 inches and that is the absolute largest phone I want to carry around. That rules out both Note models and the S21+ and S21 Ultra. I would consider an OnePlusOne or Xiaomi phone or even a Pixel in the future. Samsung needs to make a premium phone (top of the line cameras, quad Hd and enormous battery), in a size under 6.5 inches or I'll jump ship.

Nice to see even guys are complaining about the huge phones too, lol. I'm seriously sick of them!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
When you have to start carrying around a man-purse to hold your phone, it might be a little too big to be practical :eek: :p

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the phones are not getting wider, just longer so it should not affect things. Looking at the size specs can be deceiving. There is very little actual size difference between my note 5 and note 10. I carry my phone in my front pants pocket and as long as there are no sharp corners, they can be a bit bigger.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
When you have to start carrying around a man-purse to hold your phone, it might be a little too big to be practical :eek: :p

LOOL I love the way you wrote that post. By contrast, I needed a bigger purse to hold my bigger phones! Even women are having issues here! LOOL.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a hard time with the possible demise of the Note line. I get attached to my devices and usually just pass them on to my grandkids when I upgrade every year. I've had nothing but Samsung phones since 2010 so I'll hold on to the N20U until I see what the rollable phone looks/feels like.

I like the Samsung ecosystem, and like other posters, both my husband and I have Samsung watches so I'll stick with Samsung, I hope whatever comes next after the Note continues to have the Spen and self-storing silo as well. I'm not a fan of having to use a case to store the pen. Although, most case manufacturers would probably adjust production to incorporate it into their case lines.

Hopefully, this is all just a bad dream and the Note line will live on!

Ditto!!!
Mom has my note 9
She moved 800 miles away so I don't get to see it much anymore.

You do get attached, just ask my My Galaxy Note 7 in my closet. Couldn't let it go. 😟

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
LOOL I love the way you wrote that post. By contrast, I needed a bigger purse to hold my bigger phones! Even women are having issues here! LOOL.

Wholeheartedly Agree!! Everytime I buy a new phone, I have to buy larger purse. It's becoming an expensive habit. A lot of people have an electronics graveyard, I have a purse graveyard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol