Has anyone gotten the One UI 3.1 update yet?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't even gotten the February security patch yet but finally today the wearable and the Health app updated so ECG, HR, BPM on the Active 2 Watch now works as it should from Samsung officially... Only a year late or so...

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Some reports on Reddit of German devices receiving 3.1.

Nowt here in Blighty though. Was actually thinking the February security update was statistically late for me, may be why.

Dagr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So freaking mad at samsung right now. So the phones updated to 3.1 will NOT get the Google discovery feed!! Only phones shopping with 3.1! WTF! so stupid. The stupid free feed is the one thing keeping me on custom launchers.

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
So freaking mad at samsung right now. So the phones updated to 3.1 will NOT get the Google discovery feed!! Only phones shopping with 3.1! WTF! so stupid. The stupid free feed is the one thing keeping me on custom launchers.
Couldn't agree more. Samsung Daily is hot garbage, but it's looking like Samsung likes to use its most disliked features as a way of encouraging existing users to upgrade. Remember the beloved Bixby button? Yeah Samsung, that couldn't be fixed with software. Lol

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
When is 3.1 NOT 3 1?

Might make sense if there is hardware, or had to have had One UI 3.0 to begin with....?

But you can't tell me S20 or Note20 can't cut it.

I would like to see Google exit the news business. Or redesign its business model to comply with Australia and hopefully others.

Dagr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Really makes me bitter... I suppose they get ad revenue off the ads in their own feed, so it's probably profit related. But to offer it as a feature of the s21? Man, it's a simple news feed that's been in third party launchers forever. It's googles app just integrated into the home swipe.

I like third party launchers but there are tradeoffs. I'd really like to go stock for the device but just hate not having a news feed to the left. I know I can turn off free and just tap the Google icon, but still... Grr.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Really makes me bitter... I suppose they get ad revenue off the ads in their own feed, so it's probably profit related. But to offer it as a feature of the s21? Man, it's a simple news feed that's been in third party launchers forever. It's googles app just integrated into the home swipe.

I like third party launchers but there are tradeoffs. I'd really like to go stock for the device but just hate not having a news feed to the left. I know I can turn off free and just tap the Google icon, but still... Grr.
I'm with you on this

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
From "9to5 Google", February 17, 2021
---------------------------------------
"The rollout of Android 11 by Samsung has been way faster than anyone expected, and it continues to expand to more devices. However, that rollout came with One UI 3.0, not the newer version shipping on the Galaxy S21. Tonight, Samsung is announcing the rollout of One UI 3.1. Starting today, Samsung is bringing One UI 3.1 to a handful of devices that already picked up the Android 11, One UI 3.0 update. Samsung specifically calls out the Galaxy S20, Note 20, Galaxy Z Fold 2, and Galaxy Z Flip devices as picking up the update over the next several weeks, starting in “select regions” tonight."
----------------------------------------
For what it's worth!
Dunno.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21