Got royally scored! Boght a "new never used unlocked Note 20 128gig" from someone on ebay but when I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sain777

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
Got royally scored! Boght a "new never used unlocked Note 20 128gig" from someone on ebay but when I

Contently I have the phone in recoy/bootlegger mode just so it stops restarting after I turn it off. The phone is also an att phone & I have TMobile. I could really use some help here bought this cuz I dropped my favorite phone my note 9 underneath the paving mashine @ work, (I'm a Local 22 Foreman). But back to the topic what if anything I can do to fix this do I have a good working phone? Unlock? Something in recovery/Bootlegger mode? Root it? At this point I don't care, I'll do whatever I have to do to get it working. I'm using my good old trusty note 5 at the moment & yes it's the 128gig model that I had to special order about 5 years ago lol. My note 9 I paid almost $1,300 at Best buy with taxes around 2 years ago for the 512 gig version. Any help suggestions or any information to help me fix this will be greatly appreciated and all compensated that's my word. -Stephen. Oh & btw I tried putting it into developer mode & it says it did it but when I look for it it's not there.
d5cba0ca5735dd9fb93d57b387c99170.jpg
237649befaf4b1c71f759dff17599967.jpg
4256fed7c825bc42853f7254a4703d51.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Got royally scored! Boght a "new never used unlocked Note 20 128gig" from someone on ebay but wh

Hi, welcome to AC!

Return the phone back , those demo mode phones are stolen .

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Got royally scored! Boght a "new never used unlocked Note 20 128gig" from someone on ebay but wh

Retail Mode version is nearly guaranteed to be stolen from a store or experience center

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Ahh. One of the reasons I don't fool with eBay when buying this type of thing. I even know of someone who bought a fake one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

eBay has a lot of protections for the buyer, so if the seller won't cooperate, contact them: pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

Oh no. :(

I'd echo what the others have said.

I also stay away from buying phone's from ebay. Too many pitfalls.

Contact ebay and raise a dispute and if paid via PayPal etc then also raise a dispute.

I wish you all the best with this.

Sain777

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site

As I said in the comments above eBay or PayPal will do nothing for me it's up to me in my own devices right now I'm in the process of reflashing it / odin3 etc

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

As I said in the comments above eBay or PayPal will do nothing for me it's up to me in my own devices right now I'm in the process of reflashing it / odin3 etc

Try to escalate this , someone sold you a stolen phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Actually, you didn't say anything about eBay or PayPal refusing to help. You actually went through the eBay links that I previously posted above? Did you tell the eBay rep that you were sold a phone that is stuck in Retail Mode, and is therefore most likely stolen (or at least improperly obtained) material?

Sain777

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site

Actually, you didn't say anything about eBay or PayPal refusing to help. You actually went through the eBay links that I previously posted above? Did you tell the eBay rep that you were sold a phone that is stuck in Retail Mode, and is therefore most likely stolen (or at least improperly obtained) material?
Sorry I thought I did. But yes I've done everything that can be done threw ebay/paypal to no avail. They sided with the seller due to him claiming that I did it to the phone. They did an investigation & come to find out it's not a stolen phone, yet it's still not as advertised "brand new unlocked Note 20 ultra 128gig". So even as not described I am still not being refunded! I've been calling all cars here cuz I'm not going to be stuck with a 8oo$ paperweight! Might go the flash rt. Than upload stock oem ui than use oden 3... Think that would work if done right? I'm open to any suggestions here in regards to making it work for me. As far as the contact ebay/paypal, although thoughtful, I've already been down that road & unfortunately it leads to nowhere. Anything to do via flash, bootloader, even Root, I'm game for. Again thank you all for your help! I just may need a little more. -Stephen.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

Where? Maybe I missed where you said eBay and PayPal won't do anything for you?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Sorry I thought I did. But yes I've done everything that can be done threw ebay/paypal to no avail. They sided with the seller due to him claiming that I did it to the phone. They did an investigation & come to find out it's not a stolen phone, yet it's still not as advertised "brand new unlocked Note 20 ultra 128gig". So even as not described I am still not being refunded! I've been calling all cars here cuz I'm not going to be stuck with a 8oo$ paperweight! Might go the flash rt. Than upload stock oem ui than use oden 3... Think that would work if done right? I'm open to any suggestions here in regards to making it work for me. As far as the contact ebay/paypal, although thoughtful, I've already been down that road & unfortunately it leads to nowhere. Anything to do via flash, bootloader, even Root, I'm game for. Again thank you all for your help! I just may need a little more. -Stephen.
I'm sorry but no one here can help any further then what's mentioned already.

[Thread closed ]

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Something really doesn't add up. I don't think there's a way for a user to convert a regular phone into a floor demo model short of installing a special demo ROM. Hope you can figure it out. And be careful, since that device seems to have the characteristics of a stolen device. Someone might even think that you're the responsible party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci