Samsung has a sale on branded Note 20 ultra's but one of the few they have left are Sprint Note 20's. Do any of you know if the Sprint Note 20's work well on TMobile? I am currently with TMobile and Samsung doesn't have the unlocked on sale and currently out of stock with TMobile Notr 20 ultras.

Thanks in advance.
    03-23-2021 03:03 PM
    As far as I know Sprint is T-mobile now... my Sprint app has merged and gives me access to both. They keep sending me text messages to come into the T-mobile store & swap my Sprint SIM to a T-mobileone. Pretty sure the phones would be compatible...
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint Note 20 on TMobile?-17269.jpg  
    rsmin likes this.
    03-23-2021 06:43 PM
    Yes it does work fine on T-Mobile but if you have a Sprint Sim don't let them talk you into changing it to T-Mobile. The Sprint Sim accesses both networks and gives better coverage and speed once you put a T-Mobile sim in it's all over you can't go back so stay with the Sprint sim until you are absolutely forced. I travel with my girlfriend around the USA and Canada both have Note 20 Ultra unlocked she fell for it and put the T-Mobile sim in and we compare all the time and she regrets it I have better coverage and speed almost everywhere.
    rsmin, 2kchevy and jimd1050 like this.
    03-23-2021 06:54 PM
    Thanks, for the quick responses.
    03-23-2021 08:02 PM
    Samsung has a sale on branded Note 20 ultra's but one of the few they have left are Sprint Note 20's. Do any of you know if the Sprint Note 20's work well on TMobile? I am currently with TMobile and Samsung doesn't have the unlocked on sale and currently out of stock with TMobile Notr 20 ultras.

Thanks in advance.
    See what Denise said. In addition, since Sprint is now owned by t-mobile, I assume they would also have T-Mobile's liberal policy on unlocking. If you even need to, all you have to do is ask to have it unlocked, but in all likelihood you just need a new TMO SIM card, at most. Give them a call to double check.
    rsmin likes this.
    03-24-2021 12:59 AM
    See what Denise said. In addition, since Sprint is now owned by t-mobile, I assume they would also have T-Mobile's liberal policy on unlocking. If you even need to, all you have to do is ask to have it unlocked, but in all likelihood you just need a new TMO SIM card, at most. Give them a call to double check.
    All, thank you for the quick response. Just checked Samsung.com, and looks like they now only have the white 128gb available for Sprint version, and that's probably the only color I don't want. This sale lasts through the 28th so I will keep checking to see if anything comes back in stock before it's over. If anyone thinking about getting Note 20 Ultra in white with Tmobile/Sprint now might be a good time to jump on it. Phones aren't the only thing they have on sale from time to time. Yesterday the watch 3 was on sale for 35% off. Anyway, thanks again for the info on the Sprint version working with Tmobile. I will keep watching their site in case anything comes back up by the 28th.
    monsieurms and Denisew 1972 like this.
    03-24-2021 07:48 AM

Thanks in advance.
    They will give you a Sprint sim if you are still on a Sprint plan. But the Unlocked Note 20 Ultra will work with a Tmobile sim. Best to do this in the store.
    If you are in a Sprint plan request the Sprint sim card anyways, you'll be able to have better service.

I bought the S21 unlocked 128 gig for wifey.
    They sent me a Tmobile sim. Connections were bad.
    Went in the store and suggested a Sprint sim, the rep. says that's what you need anyways.
    A couple switcheroos in the computer and bam she's working great!

Told me to hold on to my Tmobile sim cards. Eventually I'll need them for all my phone's once done the full tower conversion.
    rsmin likes this.
    03-27-2021 10:09 AM
    All, thank you for the quick response. Just checked Samsung.com, and looks like they now only have the white 128gb available for Sprint version, and that's probably the only color I don't want. This sale lasts through the 28th so I will keep checking to see if anything comes back in stock before it's over. If anyone thinking about getting Note 20 Ultra in white with Tmobile/Sprint now might be a good time to jump on it. Phones aren't the only thing they have on sale from time to time. Yesterday the watch 3 was on sale for 35% off. Anyway, thanks again for the info on the Sprint version working with Tmobile. I will keep watching their site in case anything comes back up by the 28th.
    If you use any kind of a case, will the color maker much difference?
    03-27-2021 04:18 PM
    If you use any kind of a case, will the color maker much difference?
    Well they have, black, bronze, and white now. So it won't matter now. But thanks.
    03-27-2021 04:44 PM
    They will give you a Sprint sim if you are still on a Sprint plan. But the Unlocked Note 20 Ultra will work with a Tmobile sim. Best to do this in the store.
    If you are in a Sprint plan request the Sprint sim card anyways, you'll be able to have better service.

I bought the S21 unlocked 128 gig for wifey.
    They sent me a Tmobile sim. Connections were bad.
    Went in the store and suggested a Sprint sim, the rep. says that's what you need anyways.
    A couple switcheroos in the computer and bam she's working great!

Told me to hold on to my Tmobile sim cards. Eventually I'll need them for all my phone's once done the full tower conversion.
    Thanks DARK Vader, My problem is I am currently on TMobile
    03-27-2021 04:46 PM
    Well I guess this is a mute point. just talked to tech at Tmobile and he said the Note 20 Sprint version has to be Unlocked before it will work on tmobile even though they have merged.. Hmmm
    03-27-2021 05:37 PM
    Well I guess this is a mute point. just takes to tech at Tmobile and he said the Note 20 Sprint version has to be Unlocked before it will work on tmobile even though they have merged.. Hmmm
    I think that most likely true , then who you call to unlock since they Merged Tmobile? I wouldn't want be tangled up in that .
    rsmin likes this.
    03-27-2021 08:33 PM
    I think that most likely true , then who you call to unlock since they Merged Tmobile? I wouldn't want be tangled up in that .
    Agreed.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-28-2021 05:24 AM
    Works great with them. I've had mine since October. Enjoying the network at home and while traveling. (Sprint/TMobile)
    rsmin likes this.
    03-29-2021 03:43 AM
    I have the 20 ultra on sprint and got the Tmobile sim card swap. it isn't unlocked. I noticed that I get 5G in places that I didn't before. works fine.
    rsmin likes this.
    03-30-2021 04:40 PM
    Thanks for the info. I guess the guy I talked to at Tmobile didn't know what he was talking about.
    03-30-2021 06:42 PM
    Yes it does work fine on T-Mobile but if you have a Sprint Sim don't let them talk you into changing it to T-Mobile. The Sprint Sim accesses both networks and gives better coverage and speed once you put a T-Mobile sim in it's all over you can't go back so stay with the Sprint sim until you are absolutely forced. I travel with my girlfriend around the USA and Canada both have Note 20 Ultra unlocked she fell for it and put the T-Mobile sim in and we compare all the time and she regrets it I have better coverage and speed almost everywhere.
    Thanks for this advice! Honestly I haven't switched it because I simply lazy... I'll keep my Sprint one as long as I can
    03-30-2021 06:50 PM
    I agree 100% and it was confirmed by a high level Sprint tech keep that Sprint sim as log as possible.
    04-01-2021 06:42 PM