Note 20 or S21 Plus?

jasqid

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I need some help deciding on which phone to "upgrade" to. I am looking at the (T-Mobile) Note 20 and the S21 Plus. They are the same price. I am not all too interested in the intricacies in specs between the two. They seem pretty close, or at least close enough for me. My daughter just got her first droid phone, s21. It seems really nice, just a little small for me comparing it to my current LG V40. So I was looking at the plus with the larger screen. Then I noticed the Note 20 having the same price point. They seem similar in size that I would be comfortable with. I am undecided between the two. The stylus would be nice but I am not sure how much I would use that. I am a small business owner and very settled in Office (Microsoft) 365. I noticed the Samsung devices have better.... integration if you will. i.e. your Phone / PC experience.

I want to clarify my "spec" comment above.... I am not too bothered about which camera is better, or the 120hz screen refresh rate , fastest processor etc... Compared to what I have now, either is going to be a nice jump. I seem to be stuck on the matching price and if perhaps I should flip a coin on it. Or maybe I do want the Note for the stylus to sign an application/form on the fly. uggg. LOL. I guess ultimately I'm looking for a little perspective from anyone that was on the same fence. - Thanks for your time reading this mess!!

Last edited:

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you like round corners or more of a rectangle. Personally I feel the display on the Note 20 Ultra appears sharper with better color. I would choose the Note 20 Ultra and once you start using the SPen it becomes more useful then one may think.

Robert Sisson

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I own the Note 20 Ultra 5g. It's an incredible phone. The camera just got another upgrade and is excellent. However, I believe the key is that your a business owner. The Note with built in stylus was built for business folks. I have found the spen, over my years of practicing law, to be more help than I ever imagined. Go with the Note. You'll be glad you did.

jasqid

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Hey, thanks for your feedback guys. I appreciate your input. I just happen to have found a video review after my initial post and the one thing I came away with from his video was the s21s are more likely to have another year of updates and support compared to the 20. Even with that said I think I'm leaning towards the note 20.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'd suggest to visit a Highstreet Store when they re open to have hands on with both models.

I leaned towards the N20 Ultra 5G because I do use the stylus often.

That said the s21 has stylus support too.

I did import my N20 Ultra 5G into the UK because I wanted the Snapdragon version as it in my opinion is a more powerful phone than the variant with the Exynos soc in it.

Enjoy the journey.

Deimos10

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
If it comes down to the S-pen it's Note all the way. Integrated and always available, with Bluetooth capabilities. No contest.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'd go with the Note, they are very similar phones but I'd want the stylus. I've used the Note series for years and although I don't use the S Pen daily I miss it when I use a phone without it.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Note 20 Ultra. S-Pen, Expandable storage and actually comes with a charger in the box. That's a no brainer for me. If none of that bothers you, go with the S21 plus as I believe it's a bit cheaper.