no new note this year?

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Been seeing it looks like no new note 21 this year as the chip shortage is causing it to be a casualty. I have a note 10 plus. I was going to get the new note this year, but since we won't have one, is it worth just grabbing a note 20 ultra or do you think I should try a fold or just try to drag out my note 10 til 2022. Just looking for opinions. Thanks.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I see no reason to upgrade for another two years. Yearly upgrades for me are done becoming a waste of money. The note 20 does everything I need it to do and more when that or the phone stops I will look for something new.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from Note 10 plus to Note 20 ultra and the phone is fab...I brought snapdragon version...Note 10 plus was giving me bad battery life and network issue...I got Note 20 ultra 512 gb version....
if your phone is fine wait next year for Note 22 or fold 3 which will come or suppose to come with spen support and hopefully inbuilt slot...
but fold 3 will be 2000$

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
It really depends on these factors nick,

* Is your current phone still working as it should i.e battery.
* Is it not damaged in such a way to impede usage.
* Does it still do what you need it to.
* Does the phone still receive Software and Security Updates.

Each person's needs and wants are different.

What I mean by this is that some will upgrade because their current phone is now in some way not performing.

And others are phone people who upgrade to the next newest and greatest phone that's released. ( I'm in that category )

I buy my phone's Sim Free so if one is released and it ticks my wants and needs boxes I'll buy it. I prefer to buy the Snapdragon soc version also due to it giving better optimisation than the Exynos soc generally.

I upgraded from the Samsung Note 10+ 5G to the Samsung Note 20 5G Snapdragon, and I haven't had any buyers remorse or looked back.

I was looking forward to what the N21 Ultra 5G Snapdragon would have brought to the table, but unfortunately that's history now.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Been seeing it looks like no new note 21 this year as the chip shortage is causing it to be a casualty. I have a note 10 plus. I was going to get the new note this year, but since we won't have one, is it worth just grabbing a note 20 ultra or do you think I should try a fold or just try to drag out my note 10 til 2022. Just looking for opinions. Thanks.

The note 20 ultra should be good to go for a while. It is cutting edge and a great phone, which I am currently using.

Plus, I've read some comments from people indicating they do not believe Samsung's claim that the note 21 doesn't exist because of chip shortages. They think, instead, that Samsung is completely reimagining the note series. What a note 22 looks like, who knows? Will be foldable? Will it lose the SD card slot? You may wind up waiting a long time only to find out there's a deal breaker in there.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't see any need for a few years to upgrade. Hopefully by then everything you need in in your watch so no need to carry a phone anymore.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any need for a few years to upgrade. Hopefully by then everything you need in in your watch so no need to carry a phone anymore.

Pretty much none of the things I do most of all can be done with a watch. Read ebooks, watch movies, edit word documents. Or play DropWords. Or...

We all have different uses. 😆

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Pretty much none of the things I do most of all can be done with a watch. Read ebooks, watch movies, edit word documents. Or play DropWords. Or...

We all have different uses.
It was a joke on how new things come out every year but honestly I personally don't need a new device for a few years this note 20 goes above and beyond what I need it to do. This is coming from someone that has the first blackberry so WOW how far smartphones have come.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
It was a joke on how new things come out every year but honestly I personally don't need a new device for a few years this note 20 goes above and beyond what I need it to do. This is coming from someone that has the first blackberry so WOW how far smartphones have come.

Yeah, eventually the pace of innovation slows and the change becomes incremental. It really isn't necessary to upgrade as often as we used to.

I remember at a certain point every time a new version of Microsoft word came out you had to buy a new computer because it used up so much space and power.

So I keep vowing to upgrade less. I keep having these accidents anyway. But I am at least keeping it to 2 years. I would really like to go to three.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I think it's fine all OEMs release their flagships every alternate year at this time. Also, it gives them more time to innovate.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I don’t mind if there’s no new note this year. So long as there’s one next year and more importantly they give us a good trade in value.

Lawrie Sherratt

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
In the wake of no Note model this year I pulled the plug on my Note 10+ and got me a Note 20 Ultra 5g. Wow, what a machine. Highly happy.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I think with all of the incremental upgrades coming to the upcoming Samsung devices hardware wise, the note must be above and beyond that set. Perhaps In display cam, higher refresh rate, improved spend support with new features, to market the note as the ''special'' flagship. Like it's always been with the note series.
I'm a fan of the note series since day one, but the battery catching fire was a bit of an oops. If specs can reflect a truly higher end flagship,I've got my eyes set on the flip 3 as it's really piqued my interest in going foldable. The fold is awesome but way too big and heavy for my usage. We shall see!

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
If the next Note has SD slot and has significant improvements, I might jump on it. A real wish list would include the 3.5mm Jack but I doubt its ever coming back. The folks who jumped from the Note 20 Ultra to the S21 Ultra, sure... this was their decision. I have always thought the Notes have a better build and my Notes have always performed exceptionally. YMMV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37