I have a factory unlocked N20U on Verizon and was prompted to run a device health check which returned the message:

YOU COULD BE ON A BETTER NETWORK

Yes that's right Big Red told me I could be on a better network and suggested I move to a Global or LTE/CDMA network (I am on Global).

Any thoughts or words of wisdom on this suggestion?
    Attached Thumbnails Did I Really Just Get This Message from Verizon?-screenshot_20210328-081227_my-verizon.jpg   Did I Really Just Get This Message from Verizon?-screenshot_20210513-093104_call-settings.jpg  
    05-13-2021 10:53 AM
    05-13-2021 11:26 AM
    I have a factory unlocked N20U on Verizon and was prompted to run a device health check which returned the message:

YOU COULD BE ON A BETTER NETWORK

Yes that's right Big Red told me I could be on a better network and suggested I move to a Global or LTE/CDMA network (I am on Global).

Any thoughts or words of wisdom on this suggestion?
    Global i believe most Verizon users leave it at
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-13-2021 12:20 PM
    I was in this conversation not long ago about something kind of similar with a Note device... https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post6942836

The OP of that thread was having issues when their Note 10 would not switch to 3G or 2G networks when LTE was not available, even though they had the device settings set to LTE/3G/2G, the equivalent of Global for that device. Only when they set it to exclusively 3G/2G would their Note connect other network types. In that thread we kind of chalked it up to their carrier but in a way this seems kind of related because this is telling you that your device isn't switching or doesn't want to switch even when there's a better signal to be had and it's a similar device.

I'd be curious what that test might say if you switched from Global to anything else? Personally I never used Verizon's tools not for any particular reason other than distrust and skepticism that anything it would tell me would be worthwhile or reliable. Honestly I kind of feel like you should take this result with a hefty grain of salt. I mean if you're not experiencing any issues does it really matter to you?
    05-14-2021 11:15 PM