How long should I charge my note20 ultra for the first time?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I do not know how long I should charge it the first time

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I suggest following the manufacturer's recommendations, which probably says plug it in and fully charge it. However, other battery Gurus on here might have better/other suggestions. Lots of folks now have very specific opinions on how to try to maximize the life of batteries, and some are saying that in general, one should try to keep the device between the 20% and 80% range. However, I don't know if that applies to first brand new charge. You should also be able to find various advice by googling it.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
It's personal preference...plenty swear by that 20/80 rule ..I charge it fully and use it ...then charge when needed or at night when done

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think it matters how long you charge it the first time you use it, since most phones come with about 70% battery charge in the box. The thing to remember is that setting up a phone can be pretty battery-intensive, with lots of apps being installed and probably a system update or 2 to perform, so the battery level could drop by 20-30% during that process. That's why I usually plug it in while setting it up.

The key thing to remember about batteries is not to let it drain too deeply on a regular basis (i.e., to zero or near zero), since that can shorten the lifespan.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy