No more micro SD, no more MST Samsung Pay, no more Samsung Note.

For the first time since my first smart phone in 2011, I won't be upgrading. Bad decisions Samsung is making to eliminate their differentiating features and quite possibly their dominance. Shooting themselves in the foot of you ask me. So glad I went all out on the Note 20 Ultra with 512gb cause I may be with it a long time. Damn good phone
    06-13-2021 07:06 PM
    I thought 'the big one with the pen' was a distinguishing characteristic for sure and a strong selling point. I bet Samsung will have something compelling in the lineup again at some point though. Give it time, Pixel had a few duds in the line but Google can turn it around. Samsung can do the same.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    06-13-2021 07:46 PM

For the first time since my first smart phone in 2011, I won't be upgrading. Bad decisions Samsung is making to eliminate their differentiating features and quite possibly their dominance. Shooting themselves in the foot of you ask me. So glad I went all out on the Note 20 Ultra with 512gb cause I may be with it a long time. Damn good phone
    Have you heard something new on the future of the Note phone's as going from what the Samsung CEO said the Note hasn't been discontinued.

Just shelved for 2021 due to availability of parts issues.
    06-13-2021 11:22 PM

The Note is the only real big miss tbh. Micro SD has been rendered unnecessary with Cloud storage, MST is obsolete in everywhere but the US and needs killed off once and for all for their own good to force the remaining retailers to get with the times. It's all just evolution
    Chuffed and j_hansen like this.
    06-14-2021 03:34 AM
    Well, evolution or not, I won’t pay to use cloud services if I already have 512GB microSD. And smartphone without S Pen, for my work, is a no go. So, this time, no upgrade for me. But this can change if the new Fold 3 comes with S Pen support, microSD slot and better price… let’s see.
    Poshworld likes this.
    06-14-2021 05:10 AM
    I heard there were rumours about the Note line being discontinued, but I didn't know it was an actual thing. That is too bad, but it makes me wonder what other cool project Samsung has in the works.
    06-14-2021 07:18 AM
    I still have the N10+. I refuse to upgrade to the Note 20 Ultra until it becomes more affordable. That being said, Samsung needs to stop being ridiculous with their prices, especially when they keep removing stuff like the charger in the box and no SD card support. I won't use a phone with no SD card support. If I was going to use a device like that, it would be the S21 Ultra.

I am confident they will at least add SD card support back at some point in future devices.
    06-14-2021 08:17 AM
    I heard there were rumours about the Note line being discontinued, but I didn't know it was an actual thing. That is too bad, but it makes me wonder what other cool project Samsung has in the works.
    Morty, read post number 3 from 'bandofbrothers 2112' - that is the more accurate information on the future of the Note Series. No Note for 2021! Don't worry... yet!

Sent from my SM-N986U using AC Forums mobile app
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-14-2021 08:20 AM
    I'm still using the Note 10+ and like it a lot...well, except for the dang fidgety on-screen fingerprint access issue. Been using Note phones since the Note 2 and that was many moons ago. I currently have a large 512GB micro SD card in my Note 10+ to store all my many files. I hate being forced to save to the cloud if that's the only means of saving. To be honest, I don't really use my stylus pen too often, but when I need it, it's very handy. Mostly, the main attraction for me is using the Google operating system, as I can't stand Apple anything. In my mind, Samsung is the best smartphone maker for the Android operating system. But if Samsung were to strip away longstanding useful features such as the micro SD card and stylus pen, then I will probably move to another smartphone maker that hopefully has those features. I'm still peeved about the removal of the 3.5mm AUX port, by the way.
    rsmin, nuangel2 and Poshworld like this.
    06-14-2021 10:39 AM
    If the Note line truly disappears, I'll be going with the Fold. I have the N20U so I expect I won't be upgrading until at least the fall of 22 anyway. But I really hope they're not zapping the Note line, it's the perfect phone.
    06-14-2021 10:48 AM
    Morty, read post number 3 from 'bandofbrothers 2112' - that is the more accurate information on the future of the Note Series. No Note for 2021! Don't worry... yet!

Sent from my SM-N986U using AC Forums mobile app
    Yes, I saw that! Thankfully in the phone world, we get to pick apart rumours and speculation and then eventually we're told everything is good to go! I've never used a Note phone and don't plan to but I imagine they sell so well that it would be weird to discontinue.
    06-15-2021 07:23 AM
    Don't use micro SD cards I use cloud service and as far as head phones go I use wireless. Devices will change weather we like it or not so go with the flow it's not going to change. I just got rid of my note 20 due to text issues and picked up a iphone 12 pro max which I didn't like so I got the s21 5g which is awesome just as good of not better than my note.
    06-15-2021 09:29 AM
    Samsung hasn't officially killed the Note line, said the N21 was cancelled due to the chip shortage. They have had to delay or cancel multiple phones and tablets this year because of it. Numerous companies that rely on microchips have delayed and cancelled products.

I will happily keep using my Note 20 Ultra, it doesn't need to get replaced in 2021. I don't use Samsung pay, last I knew they didn't support my bank. Haven't had a micro sd in my phone since my S7. I don't use 64Gb of storage, I have unlimited data for streaming and my phone isn't a game console. Most of my photo/video is done with cameras.

I'm not jumping ship until I need a new phone and a competitor has put a better phone on the market. Features come and go as phones change, it is what it is. I still miss the glove mode from the N3/N4. Only phones I've ever used I could operate outside in the winter with my gloves on.
    06-15-2021 12:38 PM
    If they kill the Note after 2022 I'll just go back to the S series. They are both pretty much the same phone now.
    Morty2264, dlgus and jmk32 like this.
    06-15-2021 03:37 PM
    Note 10+ user for 18 months, I have upgraded couple of weeks ago to the S21 Ultra,
    I am using daily the S pen so can't have a phone without it.
    If they release a new Note next year I will definitely buy it because I prefer the integration of the S pen in the body of the phone, however I personally believe that the Note series are discontinued for good.
    S and Note series nowadays are practically the same phones apart of the integration of the S pen and the square design, I see also the trend in Samsung not to integrate any more the pen in the body of the devices even on their tablets which are massive in comparison with the phones.
    06-15-2021 06:43 PM
    Hi all, haven't been here in awhile, but am an addicted Samsung Note user. I am currently using the Note 8...... was really mad when they took away the removable battery..... then I heard the SD card was in and out..... based on the phones being full retail at over $1,000 when I bought 2 Note 8's for my husband and I..... I wasn't to eager to upgrade if the phone was performing well.... I mean for this kind of money they should last for many years! So of course now the battery is the only thing that is really starting to suffer on our Note 8 that will be 4 yrs old in Dec 2021. So Infuriating, that you can't just pop out the battery and replace it!!!

I agree that Samsung has made bad decisions in removing features (Removable Battery, SD Card) that set them apart in years past!!! I hate Apple, yet most of my family have them and try to push me that direction...
    J Dubbs and Poshworld like this.
    06-16-2021 03:10 PM
    I am addicted to my S pen! I will be furious if they eliminate it!
    adegbenroagoro likes this.
    06-16-2021 03:14 PM
    I am addicted to my S pen! I will be furious if they eliminate it!
    The spen won't be eliminated just moving to other devices, but I think Note be back next year .
    aximtreo and kixfan like this.
    06-16-2021 04:00 PM
    I'm considering keeping this note and getting the pixel 6 pro.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-17-2021 07:36 PM
    The spen won't be eliminated just moving to other devices, but I think Note be back next year .
    For me the real question is will the Spen be embedded or a stand alone add on. It's not looking promising for the fold 3 for the Spen being embedded.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-17-2021 08:16 PM
    For me the real question is will the Spen be embedded or a stand alone add on. It's not looking promising for the fold 3 for the Spen being embedded.
    That would be a shame , but I wouldn't get the fold for spen alone , it known for its unique feature in itself that would make me get .
    06-17-2021 08:32 PM
    That would be a shame , but I wouldn't get the fold for spen alone , it known for its unique feature in itself that would make me get .
    Well I'm looking at it for reasons to upgrade from the fold 2. Embedded Spen, and hidden camera hole are a couple things I'm watching for on the fold 3. And it would be a shame if Samsung Continues on with the Spen as a add on accessory.
    mustang7757 and Poshworld like this.
    06-17-2021 08:35 PM
    Well I'm looking at it for reasons to upgrade from the fold 2. Embedded Spen, and hidden camera hole are a couple things I'm watching for on the fold 3. And it would be a shame if Samsung Continues on with the Spen as a add on accessory.
    Agree this add on spen just doesn't cut it .
    06-17-2021 08:46 PM
    If they kill the Note after 2022 I'll just go back to the S series. They are both pretty much the same phone now.
    You are right in that there are not many differences between them - the only one I can think of now is the S Pen.
    06-18-2021 07:19 AM
    An no more Samsung cloud storage?
    OneDrive I need really liked just manageable.
    Samsung I'm about done.
    06-19-2021 11:12 PM
48 12