Google Messages version

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone on a newer version than 8.1.052? I know newer versions exist, but I updated today and still on this version.

I'm waiting to get pinch to zoom and pin conversation features...

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the pin feature is being rolled out gradually. Unless the apk that mustang posted above has it.

(I don't have a samsung phone)

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi Mustang. What do you like about Google Messages for Samsung better than Samsung Messages?
Is it safe to download from the APK mirror listed above?
Also, you can tap and hold a conversion and pin it to the top. 8.3.026

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mustang. What do you like about Google Messages for Samsung better than Samsung Messages?
Is it safe to download from the APK mirror listed above?
Also, you can tap and hold a conversion and pin it to the top. 8.3.026
Im on the unlocked Note20U so Samsung message app doesnt have rcs , i had Google message app but the Google/Samsung collaboration makes it feel more like Samsung UI with rcs . Its safe site to use those APK files , been using them for years. Pin it doesnt have yet but schedule message pinch to zoom is there .

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Your welcome , yeah probably next version will have it .
Does Google messages have the option where you can assign different notification icons per contact yet ? That's the only reason I won't leave textra and go back to Samsung messages like I want to. . I love assigning contact icons instead of ringtones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does Google messages have the option where you can assign different notification icons per contact yet ? That's the only reason I won't leave textra and go back to Samsung messages like I want to. . I love assigning contact icons instead of ringtones.
You can assign different tones to each contact