Samsung Z Fold 3 Pre-orders.

gacooper40

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Any Galaxy Note 20 owners planning to get the Z Fold 3? A year ago, I couldn't imagine owning any phone other than a Note, but I'm excited about the Z Fold 3 with S Pen support (although I really wish there were a slot for it on the phone.) I'm already registered for the pre-order perks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They just announced you can trade up to 2 devices for the fold 3 , i might bite but no not giving up my Note20U for it , Never !!! Lol

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Of course I've reserved the fold 3, I already have a fold 2. Why are you guys bailing on the note series. Samsung has not said they are discontinuing the note. I suspect it's going to be integrated in to the S series myself, but nothing is official yet. I also think the Spen is going to die if they keep going the route of not being embedded in the phone and have it as a add on.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I think my Note 20 Ultra 5g may just be spending another year with me and maybe see what next years Note brings.

With AMD and Exynos, next year could be interesting. The Z Fold 3 does look good but for me it's not a Note and still very bulky and probably isn't practical for me.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's plastic like before but they said everything a upgrade from the fold 2

I haven't been keeping up with the rumors so curious if you knew... if the outer screen usable with the pen??

Honestly, I don't see the practicality of the pen if it's only inside...

With the Note series even though large you can hold the phone with one hand in palm like you would a note pad and then write if needed.

But I'm thinking with the Fold, you have to open it up and hold it by the bottom (??) as if holding a small open book (if you don't have it on a flat surface to write on) so that you can hold the pen on the other hand to write... jotting a quick note or taking a few notes, etc., while on the move. Who wants to do that??

But if the outer glass screen is writable then we're good.

*Edit... And then there is the thought where am I gonna put the pen while I carry the Fold in my front pocket if I were to get one and want to utilize the pen. Because for a mobile phone, I pocket carry 100%. No other way. It's like my iPads... all pen capable... but I don't have a single pen cause I don't want to deal with carrying it even in my backpack.

Last edited:

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
The fold is cool and all however I am not interested in owning one. it's not durable enough for me. it's too delicate and I need those better cameras.

MarathonMan

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I might have considered trading, however, the trade value on my N20U "512gb" 5g is the same as the 128gm model.
So no, I'll be sticking with my N20U 512gb 5g.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The fold is cool and all however I am not interested in owning one. it's not durable enough for me. it's too delicate and I need those better cameras.
It's more durable then you would think. It's not any different then any other phone, you drop it you have good chance of breaking it.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
How much is an N20U worth on trade right now?? Model is barely a year old.

If AT&T offers the $1000 credit like they did for the N20U then I might give it a thought... for a couple of seconds lol.

I might have considered trading, however, the trade value on my N20U "512gb" 5g is the same as the 128gm model.
So no, I'll be sticking with my N20U 512gb 5g.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I haven't been keeping up with the rumors so curious if you knew... if the outer screen usable with the pen??

Honestly, I don't see the practicality of the pen if it's only inside...

With the Note series even though large you can hold the phone with one hand in palm like you would a note pad and then write if needed.

But I'm thinking with the Fold, you have to open it up and hold it by the bottom (??) as if holding a small open book (if you don't have it on a flat surface to write on) so that you can hold the pen on the other hand to write... jotting a quick note or taking a few notes, etc., while on the move. Who wants to do that??

But if the outer glass screen is writable then we're good.

*Edit... And then there is the thought where am I gonna put the pen while I carry the Fold in my front pocket if I were to get one and want to utilize the pen. Because for a mobile phone, I pocket carry 100%. No other way. It's like my iPads... all pen capable... but I don't have a single pen cause I don't want to deal with carrying it even in my backpack.
Thats why im thinking hard about the fold , i want it it because it fits in the pocket and open like a little book , im not looking for it to replace my Note phone just tech im interested in, but won't be a daily driver. If the price is right ill get one and i mean by if can my hands on it around 500 to 600 then yes.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
How much is an N20U worth on trade right now?? Model is barely a year old.

If AT&T offers the $1000 credit like they did for the N20U then I might give it a thought... for a couple of seconds lol.
Rumor mill says Samsung plans on offering the highest trade in on the fold 2 for the fold 3, and rumored amount is $1,000. So I doubt the note 20 ultra will be over $800 for trade.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thats why im thinking hard about the fold , i want it it because it fits in the pocket and open like a little book , im not looking for it to replace my Note phone just tech im interested in, but won't be a daily driver. If the price is right ill get one and i mean by if can my hands on it around 500 to 600 then yes.

I forgot you rock a few phones right? The N20U is my daily. I'd love to play with it now and then but I don't think I'd like daily carrying in my pocket all the time. In your case I'd consider the Fold then swapping sims when the mood strikes.

I have an iPhone XR I switch to when I go biking or running and want a smaller and sturdier device. But I'm not a fan of swapping sims all the time so I spend $100 a year for RedPocket service on the iPhone with min data limit but I do enjoy using both. I wish I could swap it for a 12 Pro though cause when riding along the trails of the Everglades, wish I had a better camera setup with zoom like the N20U.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I forgot you rock a few phones right? The N20U is my daily. I'd love to play with it now and then but I don't think I'd like daily carrying in my pocket all the time. In your case I'd consider the Fold then swapping sims when the mood strikes.

I have an iPhone XR I switch to when I go biking or running and want a smaller and sturdier device. But I'm not a fan of swapping sims all the time so I spend $100 a year for RedPocket service on the iPhone with min data limit but I do enjoy using both. I wish I could swap it for a 12 Pro though cause when riding along the trails of the Everglades, wish I had a better camera setup with zoom like the N20U.
Yeah few phones and sims , my note 20u i use at work and home but if i go somewhere like to the beach ill carry my pixel 5 and iPhone 11 pro as they smaller and fit with less clothes lol and easier to carry around.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Any Galaxy Note 20 owners planning to get the Z Fold 3? A year ago, I couldn't imagine owning any phone other than a Note, but I'm excited about the Z Fold 3 with S Pen support (although I really wish there were a slot for it on the phone.) I'm already registered for the pre-order perks.

I'm really fascinated by the Z FLIP 3(or 2 we'll know Aug 11th!), If the specs are flagship, I may upgrade. Already signed up for the rereservation promo.

Last edited:

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
guess we know know aug 11 how good the new fold will be. With the spen, the screens better be more durable or there will be scratches galore. If it is as good as they say, I may go ahead and pay off the s21ultra 5g and trade it in with another phone.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I really don’t expect this version to be big upgrade over the Fold 2 …it will have pen support but I’m not carry around a pen not connected to the phone …two device trade in great idea and usually Samsung gives good value with their trade in program …some buds possible with purchase from what I heard …I have one upgrade in mind this year end so might pass and just go Pro 6 …all said I did reserve with Samsung just in case …and I do need to get my front screen fixed soon if I plan on trading in the Fold 2 ….

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2