When bluetooth connected notification sounds still come out of phone

dreacat

Aug 1, 2021
Visit site
I just switched from s9 plus to the note 20 ultra. When I connect my Bluetooth earbuds, all notifications and ring tones still come out of the phone speaker as well as the earbuds. When connected I only want sound to come out of the earbuds and no sound from the phone itself. When I work I don't want my phone ringing out loud for everyone to hear. There are so many setting issues that are infuriating, I'm starting to wonder if I should switch to iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Have you installed the sound assistant module for Good Lock? Not sure if it will help but there are more options for sound in there. iPhones have just as many issues as Samsung phones. The grass isn't always greener. I have an iPhone 8 plus so I understand both ecosystems.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Android definitely overcomplicates things, that's my only real complaint with it. I've had many older family members and friends that tried it, and said it was way too complicated and confusing and switched back to a flip phone.

I still think they need to make it more user friendly for the average non-forum types, who just use the phone as is, and have no idea what to do when any problem comes up or they want to change something.

It's not good to bury settings a million layers deep, and change how you access Android's settings every few os versions, or from one Android phone to the next.

iPhones definitely have an advantage in that area.