Broken display samsung note20 ultra 5g

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, somebody can tell me if i need to buy the lcd sm n9876b/ds with or without frame. I hit my phone slightly on the rounded side of my note20 ultra
and now i a line going across from left to right. I can do some things with the s pen. Do i need to buy replacement display with frame or without
since the big difference in price
thanks
flying dutch

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea what that model/part number you listed is, returns no results on Google.

The Note 20 Ultra doesn't use an LCD, so if you're looking at an LCD screen it is either the wrong part or the seller has mislabeled the screen as an LCD display.

Having replaced screens in the past, I've never heard of buying one with or without the frame nor am I sure what that even means.

Based on your description there's a line going across but the S Pen still works I'm not sure if the display itself is damaged or just the outer glass is cracked. It definitely sounds like your digitizer broke if your finger can't interact with the display. It is incredibly hard to replace just one layer of the display and your best bet it to replace the entire display not just one layer of it.

If you've never taken apart and repaired a phone before realize you risk completely ruining the device if you screw up. With the way new phones are glass and sealed by adhesives you need to use a heat gun and slowly pry the phone apart. Get it too hot and damage it, don't get it hot enough it's damaged, go to fast and break it prying it apart, etc.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you don't need to replace the frame. But do you really want to take this trip??...

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+Note20+Ultra+Screen+Replacement/142730

I think UBreakIFix will do the replacement for $260 and I think maybe they even include a new battery as part of their kit they use when replacing?

$180 for a screen from Ebay or pay a little more to have an authorized service center do it, you get factory job, new battery and retain the water resistance rating if done by them. Do it yourself and could be worse.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine cost $296 plus tax to repair last year at Ubreakifix. I was told the battery is automatically replaced with the screen.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-20-note-20-ultra/1014479-screen-repaired.html
When I replaced it on my Note 10 it included a new battery and also the glass back and frame. I know this because they didn't have ever color replacement in stock and they needed to order the right color. When I picked it up I noticed the battery was depleted and they told me the battery gets changed out as well as part of the assembly.