Insurance Claim advice needed.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a crack in my screen that I don't think it's an actual crack it's almost like it's a surface coating crack. When I clean the screen the crack goes away but I can feel it when I run my fingernail across it. I have insurance and wondering if they would honor a replacement if the crack doesn't go all the way through the glass? I realize I'll have to pay a deductible just want to know if there will be a problem in the way I word the problem. The insurance I have is through Samsung, Premium Care +

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You've probably checked this already, but are you certain the phone doesn't have any kind of screen protector (either one you installed, or one that came preinstalled)?

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion. I did have a screen protector on it that I removed months ago. I bought the phone directly from Samsung. I don't feel any variation along the edge trying to feel for a pre-installed screen protector.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I think k that most insurance companies don't cover what they consider cosmetic damage. They may find a crack like yours to be superficial. It may be worth ringing them and asking.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'd consider applying a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector instead of putting the phone through the trauma of having a new display fitted and the possible cost of any applicable excess fee.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
We recently went through our home insurance for my wife's S9, we just paid the excess and the phone came back virtually brand new with all the side stickers and screen/housing stickers, great service.

da7thsign

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
We recently went through our home insurance for my wife's S9, we just paid the excess and the phone came back virtually brand new with all the side stickers and screen/housing stickers, great service.

I need to check my plan for this. My wife wrecked her Note screen twice and we paid both times at ubreakifix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze