Still having sound volume issues...

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a fairly new (I purchased new from Samsung Feb of this year). It does NOT make a difference how I'm using the volume of phone, whether it be a regular phone call, a blue tooth( they my 2017 Infinity QX60) or thru the speaker function on the phone. Sometimes I can't hear without turning the volume all the way up. Sometimes I can't turn it down enough to not hurt my ears. I do not understand this at all. I've checked all the settings and everything seems correct. One thing I do not find any longer is in call (ear) volume. I'm assuming it's what I've been using which is the actual volume button while call is on going.
Regardless the random volume changes and levels changing sporadically on it's own are ridiculous and annoying.
Just to be sure it's clear this volume issue can and does happen with all tryouts of volume functions HEADSET (ACTUAL PHONE ITSELF), BLUETOOTH AND SPEAKER FUNCTION

MaidUp13

Banned
May 15, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Samsung phone? Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/de...ltra-5g/safe-mode-samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-5g

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Thank you, I'm already a member and just linked my Google account as well. Hope this is satisfactory?!

My phone is a Note 20 ultra 5G

The link you joy sec by is a t mobile link. I have Verizon. And in safer mode how will I know which ones are causing problems. If they are disabled how can I tell

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter that the link is from a different carrier -- the steps for Safe Mode are the same for pretty much all recent Samsung devices.

Safe Mode is an initial troubleshooting step that can tell you if the problem is due to something you installed or something that came with the system. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then it can sometimes be tedious to figure out what he culprit is, since that usually means uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, I'm already a member and just linked my Google account as well. Hope this is satisfactory?!

My phone is a Note 20 ultra 5G

The link you joy sec by is a t mobile link. I have Verizon. And in safer mode how will I know which ones are causing problems. If they are disabled how can I tell
You tried in settings >sounds>media slider to control the volume ?

MaidUp13

Banned
May 15, 2021
Visit site
It still happening in safe mode like B. Diddy suggest?

I haven't tried it in safe mode because I asked I'm not understanding how it works so I asked how am I going to know which app is causing the issue if it's in safe mode aren't they all shut down do I have to try them one by one I don't understand how to do that I apologize I'm not that tech savvy I can figure things out with a little direction but I need the direction

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're correct -- that's the tedious part. Safe Mode will tell you in general if the problem is with the system or with something you installed, but it can't pinpoint it further than that. You'd have to do that legwork manually, unfortunately.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I haven't tried it in safe mode because I asked I'm not understanding how it works so I asked how am I going to know which app is causing the issue if it's in safe mode aren't they all shut down do I have to try them one by one I don't understand how to do that I apologize I'm not that tech savvy I can figure things out with a little direction but I need the direction
I would start with newer apps first then one by one , you know how to get into safe mode?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think so. I have to turn off the phone and then restart holding power on and volume down key and choose safe mode when prompted
Press the power button until power off shows on the screen then long press power off on the screen until safe mode appears then should reboot to safe mode

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm