antennae, wifi issues

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So for the past month I get this briefly when I try to go online on my note 20 U. It's brief like so brief I had a hard time getting a screen shot of it. It's basically always saying no wifi, but then it connects. It's just this brief message everytime. My wifi is great. Many other devices in the house and no issues with any of them. I've tried repeatedly to reset my modem etc and a few other things but really it seems that my phone is the only device having this issue. Is there like an antenna in this phone? Could it be going bad? Any suggestions? See attached this is what I get. After getting this it does connect without problems. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 16222.jpg
    16222.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 44

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Problem might be the battery saver you have active. Have you tried disabling that? Does it still do that without Battery Saver mode on? Does it do it only on WiFi or also on mobile data?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Problem might be the battery saver you have active. Have you tried disabling that? Does it still do that without Battery Saver mode on? Does it do it only on WiFi or also on mobile data?

Ooh yes I do have battery saver on. I will turn it off and see if it's still doing that. Thanks!!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

It WAS the battery saver! I've had it off all day and it's not giving me that message anymore. Thank you very much!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad to have helped! A bit of background (no pun intended), since you have battery saver active and browsers usually keep their activities 'alive' in the background, you probably got that message when the page was open and before the browser changed from 'background process' (which battery saver restricts) to 'active process'; that would also explain why you saw the message so quickly vanish.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Glad to have helped! A bit of background (no pun intended), since you have battery saver active and browsers usually keep their activities 'alive' in the background, you probably got that message when the page was open and before the browser changed from 'background process' (which battery saver restricts) to 'active process'; that would also explain why you saw the message so quickly vanish.

Yep that totally makes sense. Thank you!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci