Note 10 plus Vs nore 20 ultra camera opinion????

allysisa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm a swap and changer lol I had note 9 went to iPhone 6s then went to note 10 plus then to iPhone 11 pro max then to an 12 pro max
Now I'm looking at part. Exchange the 10 plus for a 20 ultra as I still like both apple and Android, but what's the camera like on the note 20 ultra please X

Thanks in advance X X

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
The camera on the Note 20 Ultra is all around better than on the Note 10+. Though the camera on the Note 10+ isn't a slouch either. I've used both and can say the images the vast majority of the time come out better on the 20 Ultra.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm a swap and changer lol I had note 9 went to iPhone 6s then went to note 10 plus then to iPhone 11 pro max then to an 12 pro max
Now I'm looking at part. Exchange the 10 plus for a 20 ultra as I still like both apple and Android, but what's the camera like on the note 20 ultra please X

Thanks in advance X X
I think the N20U camera is a step up from the N10+. I had the N10+ and traded in for the S22 ultra and this camera is leaps better than the N10+. You may want to consider the S22 Ultra which is essentially a note22. Although I can't offer an opinion on comparing cameras between the N20U to the S22U. There are many on this forum that had both and would be able to give you a better idea.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
The s22 is out my price range and heard it cracks so easy X but thank you X
I haven't heard anything about the S22U cracking. Hopefully, I will be spared if it truly is a problem. Given that it's out of your price range, I totally get that. Hopefully someone can chime on the difference in cameras between N10+ and N20U. If the N20U is anything close to the S22U, then it is definitely a big step up.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The S20U and N20U were Samsungs first major camera change since the S7/N7. They have a much larger sensor that had some significant differences from prior phones. The larger sensor allows better dynamic range and low light performance, has a much shallower depth of field, but also saw the loss of duel pixel autofocus. S20U had focus problems because if this so the N20U had laser autofocus added. They also removed the dual aperture capability that the N9/N10 had which further limits the depth of field.

Overall it's a much better system but it's not superior in every way because there are tradeoffs.

Medevac1

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
I do alot of mobile photography and find the cameras on my Note 20 Ultra exceptional. That large sensor, remarkable night mode and powerful zoom lens produce some impressive photos and videos.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you what about the macro I need some small macros like say the 925 on a silver ring etc X's

I don't have a direct comparison but that is one of the few things the Note 10 camera would actually be better at. The larger image sensor used on the N20U wasn't able to focus from as close of a distance and with the shallower depth of field less of the image is in focus on close up subjects.

I know it's something users on these forums complained about when the S20U launched and it didn't change with the N20U. Solution for most was to just use 2x zoom and hold the phone back a bit.

allysisa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I know this may seem weird but anyone know what pro mode means in video to set the focus as manual closestest or something to use a mini macro zoom ?