Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Problems

zuluzkiller

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I received my Rogers Note 3 on the day it was released. From get go I had weird issue, my first problem come up when I was resting it and it restarted itself 3 times before it actually come ON, this had happen few time now Since than I have lots different apps freezing and phone stopping responding, especially when browsing contacts or calls incoming. Sometimes I will press power key and phone will not come on at all, need to remove battery before it will power ON. Sometimes I will power it ON screen will come on but it will not show me the unlock pattern etc. I was wondering if anyone had any issues like that.

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no problems with mine at all. Y'all got some gremlins that need to be exercised there bro! Take it back to Rogers.

Janiebelieves

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Got the Samsung Note 3 and had it one week when I had to take the battery out to reset. Carried it back to Verizon and they gave me a new phone with another 14 days to check it out. They told me that this was not something they have had trouble with. If it is going to be an ongoing problem I would rather get a different phone. Have you had any more trouble?

zuluzkiller

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I had mine replaced, it go to the point where I would power it on and nothing will happened except horizontal yellow line across bottom third of the screen. When I received the replacement, I reloaded all my apps and unfortunately intermediated app crashing is still here so I’m thinking that maybe one of the apps is causing it so I reset it to factory defaults and loaded minimal app set and so far no apps crashing but I did expiree few time now where I would be doing something and phone would restart. Itself.

zuluzkiller

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Replacement failed!!!! Whenever I call or get a call people can't hear me, it appears that mic is busted as calls work fine with headset etc. I tested mic with voice decoder app and all i get static.

H3cks

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Replacement failed!!!! Whenever I call or get a call people can't hear me, it appears that mic is busted as calls work fine with headset etc. I tested mic with voice decoder app and all i get static.

I honestly thought I was going crazy. I'm on my second one and I'm so disappointed. I love this phone but it's plagued with issues. (T-mobile Note 3)

Things I have tried:
-factory reset
-minimal app installs
-removed sdcard
-not use stock clock app (has been crashing on me)
-disable most Samsung apps the non root way via launcher
-have not rooted while in my 14 days

I'm on the verge of taking back this one too. I never had 10% of these issues with my note 2.

It will freeze when I use clock app, it will freeze on lock screen, and it will freeze on random apps. I feel like this software on here is poorly optimized for RAM utilization. Either way I'm not paying $700+ for all these work arounds.

tester2013

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I honestly thought I was going crazy. I'm on my second one and I'm so disappointed. I love this phone but it's plagued with issues. (T-mobile Note 3)

Things I have tried:
-factory reset
-minimal app installs
-removed sdcard
-not use stock clock app (has been crashing on me)
-disable most Samsung apps the non root way via launcher
-have not rooted while in my 14 days

I'm on the verge of taking back this one too. I never had 10% of these issues with my note 2.

It will freeze when I use clock app, it will freeze on lock screen, and it will freeze on random apps. I feel like this software on here is poorly optimized for RAM utilization. Either way I'm not paying $700+ for all these work arounds.

Facing almost the same issues as you mentioned. I bought it from a small store with a receipt but I don't think they will take it back. How does Samsung warranty work in my case?

zuluzkiller

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
It all depends, if store unlocked unit for you that was locked to particular network then I would say no but if unit came factory unlocked then yes.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The only problem with mine is the sensor. Phone doesn't light up after removing from face. Apparently I need to shoot compressed air around the ear piece lol. I won't take it in for a dinged up refurb!

zuluzkiller

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing is that my carrier was telling me that as phone is so new they don't have any refurbish phones yet so all the replacements so far are new devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy