Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Canada - Why not Wind and Mobilicity too? Just wondering?

t9rfbb

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering why the heading for this forum does not include Videotron, Wind and Mobilicity - more Canadian cell phone companies.

I purchased my Note 3 from Mobilicity on the 7th of this month, though I did not get a SIM for it until a week later - I wanted time to learn about the phone and its android OS before giving up my old phone. My old phone is a Nokia E7-00 which I've come to know intimately, enjoyed very much, and has served me well.

I had considered buying the Note 3 from Wind to take advantage of their Tab deal, but went with Mobilicity since I had recently moved there after many, many years with Fido/Rogers. Incidentally the Note 3 cost me about the same as my Nokia E7-00 did years ago.

You may be interested to know that when registering your phone online with Samsung Canada it requires a somewhat different model number than is on the label under the battery. I had to call Samsung and give them my IME so they could give me the correct model number. Here is a list I found of possible model numbers for Canadian Galaxy Note 3 phones:

SM-N900WZKEBMC , SM-N900WZKEBWA , SM-N900WZKEESK , SM-N900WZKEGLW , SM-N900WZKEMCT , SM-N900WZKERWC , SM-N900WZKETLS , SM-N900WZKEVTR , SM-N900WZWEBMC , SM-N900WZWEBWA , SM-N900WZWEGLW , SM-N900WZWERWC , SM-N900WZWETLS , SM-N900WZWEVTR

I presume that different model numbers are for different service providers. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ja5o

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering why the heading for this forum does not include Videotron, Wind and Mobilicity - more Canadian cell phone companies.

I purchased my Note 3 from Mobilicity on the 7th of this month, though I did not get a SIM for it until a week later - I wanted time to learn about the phone and its android OS before giving up my old phone. My old phone is a Nokia E7-00 which I've come to know intimately, enjoyed very much, and has served me well.

I had considered buying the Note 3 from Wind to take advantage of their Tab deal, but went with Mobilicity since I had recently moved there after many, many years with Fido/Rogers. Incidentally the Note 3 cost me about the same as my Nokia E7-00 did years ago.

You may be interested to know that when registering your phone online with Samsung Canada it requires a somewhat different model number than is on the label under the battery. I had to call Samsung and give them my IME so they could give me the correct model number. Here is a list I found of possible model numbers for Canadian Galaxy Note 3 phones:

SM-N900WZKEBMC , SM-N900WZKEBWA , SM-N900WZKEESK , SM-N900WZKEGLW , SM-N900WZKEMCT , SM-N900WZKERWC , SM-N900WZKETLS , SM-N900WZKEVTR , SM-N900WZWEBMC , SM-N900WZWEBWA , SM-N900WZWEGLW , SM-N900WZWERWC , SM-N900WZWETLS , SM-N900WZWEVTR

I presume that different model numbers are for different service providers. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Yep, why specific carrier headings! It's almost the same phone ;-)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk