Samsung note 3 loose charging port?

hedgehogdontcare

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, im on my second SGN3 as i took my first one back because i bealived the charging port was faulty, im wondering if anyone els has a loose port, or is it just the way the usb 3.0 is made? The first note 3 i had as worse than the one i have now but this one has some play side to side and a little up and down, what do you guys think?

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If your using the supplied USB cable it should have a tight snug fit with any new device. 3rd party or other device USB cables may not fit as snug.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how correct this is as I do not own a Note 3 but can say I baby my Note 2 and there is some slight, very slight play. It is not snug to the point of zero movement.

Primarily up and down.

Dana Zikas

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm having trouble with my 2 week old note 3 as well...Micro usb charging port is very loose and will intermittently stop/resume charging. 2.0 usb connectors stay charging, but the port itself remains feeling very loose.
Should I send it back to mfr??
Thanks...

aanu7f

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
have the same problem with my note 3. its quite loose and charging is a bit tricky as the connection loosens up if i move the phone a little.

hedgehogdontcare

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Im with rogers and have had two note 3s already, going on the 3rd, all the chargers feel the same, and my girlfriends portable hard drive uses usb 3.0 and its very loose also, i bealive its just the way there made,

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
The note 3 charging port is loose and it's a simple fix when Samsung put together the phones something most have been off in the manufacturing process I found that if you tighten the screws that hold the note together it makes the body more snug and resolves the issue. So here is how open the back of the note 3 get a 00 Phillips head screwdriver and tighten all the screws a half a turn and ta dah no more charging issues.

ibhuslin

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
if you evaluate the little copper connecters on the actual cable itself, you will notice that one of the is out of alignment with the rest. Carefully and gently bend it to align with the rest and that will fix it. It worked for me. The cable is still a little loose but it remains charging. no more errors saying, "to charge faster use the original charger and cable!"

Janette Frazer

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The note 3 charging port is loose and it's a simple fix when Samsung put together the phones something most have been off in the manufacturing process I found that if you tighten the screws that hold the note together it makes the body more snug and resolves the issue. So here is how open the back of the note 3 get a 00 Phillips head screwdriver and tighten all the screws a half a turn and ta dah no more charging issues.

YAY! Thanks lance.. I was so frustrated with this problem.. what an easy fix :)

Cathrine Lara

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I am having issues with charging my NOTE 3 also. I have had the phone for 2 months and its horrible. I will be taking it back to ATT and have them look at the phone.

Lastly

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm continually getting that same notification and I'm using the provided cable. It started after an update so wonder if it's a software glitch. Worked fine the first couple of months. Then started switching to 4G to probably force data usage. Now there's a camera icon on my lock screen which I didn't put there, the bar across the top is black and white instead of being color, and the lock screen flashes on and off while lying on its own because I'm hoping it will charge. But might try your fix if it won't void the warranty, but so far seems not much that' wrong is covered.

Lastly

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Today I remembered I had a 3.0 cable with an external drive I wasn't using. Before I'd only tried factory provided cables and still got the use provided notification. Amazingly a non provided cable with the provided plug actually works so far and in a matter of minutes the battery has gone from 7% to 23% charge while writing this. This is how it use to charge.Only thing I can figure is something to do with the little pieces of movable metal sticking out of the bottom on the Samsung 3.0 side might be causing it since the external 3.0 USB one doesn't have those and using it the phone isn't showing anymore notifications. What are those things called and what are they for anyway?

Lastly

May 21, 2014
Visit site
80% in 1 hour with a non Samsung cable & no use provided cable notification to be seen or any if the other issues the phone was experiencing. Amazing since it was barely 80% after charging for over 12 hours this morning.

Last edited:

Lastly

May 21, 2014
Visit site
My Note 3 showed the use provided cable notification with every Samsung provided cable I tried with it to charge the battery once the problem started. None of the Samsung cables were a real snug fit and it all started after an update which at this point seems coincidental. The 3rd party cable that came with an external drive I had fits snug and no issues or notifications. Charge is fast, not all night and still barely charged battery like when the provided cable was used. Wonder if they will provide all of US with new cables? Sure glad I didn't let them wipe my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay