Stuck in flight / airplane mode

tnmok

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
My unused ( and unrooted) note 3 SM-N900W8 is stuck in flight mode!

When I first turned it on I initially thought that the phone needed to be unlocked or was having sim card issues but I have ruled that out after troubleshooting; sim card changes, battery pulls, factory resets, firmware re-intallment, my IMEI and baseband are intact - 4.3 through kies). There is a 'no signal' icon on the top of the screen, and I can't connect or even access any mobile networks as it prompts me to insert a sim card.

I then discovered discovered that my phone was on flight mode. Even when disabling flight mode from my settings (it appears off as there is no check mark beside "Flight mode"), when I go into my taskbar the flight mode icon is on (lit green) but it is greyed out.

Any help on how to solve this would be appreciated

PS I don't have the option of returning to manufacturer as it was a gift

tnmok

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
That was the very first thing I did. Like I said I did battery pulls, factory resets from recovery and from the settings.

tnmok

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
An illustration of my flight mode issue below:

No signal.jpg
Pic 1: No Signal as indicated by the icon (between battery percentage and wifi icons)

Flight mode off.jpg
Pic 2: Power button press shows flight mode is off

Flight mode on.jpg

Notification Panel.jpg
Pic 3 & 4: Notification panel tells a different story; flight mode is lit green indicating it is 'on' but it is greyed out - meaning I cannot toggle it

Making a call.jpg

Trying to disable flight mode.jpg
Pic 5 & 6: When I attempt to make a call this pops up. I click Ok and it attempts to disable flight mode but just keeps going in a loop.

Flight mode settings.jpg
Pic 7: Yet in my settings, flight mode appears off

Jovius ZacHs

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
i have exactly the same problem but mine device was a Sony T2 ultra..
try restart my device, sim card change, safe mode, clear cache, factory setting, reinstall OS..... the problem still exist...
and it is so annoyed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci