Note 3: KitKat on Bell Available NOW!

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Since seeing the news on Mobile Syrup that it should be available on Monday the 17th I've been hitting the update button like mad. Sure enough, 12:01 EST there it was 437.05 MB package. Will update the thread to ensure it is Kit Kat and how long the download and install takes. Will keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Kit Kat on Bell Available NOW!

Just got my update tonight, I'm on rogers

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1395029773846.jpg
    1395029773846.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 45

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Took forever to download, install went smooth. So far everything I've tested is working as usual. Looks good!

530XI

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Sounds good. I see the DL is bigger than previous versions. Hopefully they fixed the issues with it.

Michael Lacroix

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

hi, do you install kitkat because seem have many problem with this update in france? The life of battery is more short. What do you think about that?

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

hi, do you install kitkat because seem have many problem with this update in france? The life of battery is more short. What do you think about that?

Actually my battery life has improved drastically! I'm very happy with Kit Kat so far. Will need a few days to fully see how the battery works for me now.

aelaan

May 26, 2011
Visit site

So far battery has been good after one day use I am charging it tonight and see how it behaves tomorrow

Posted via Android Central App

moedzie

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

I'm on Bell and had difficulty installing yesterday. It went to the recovery and install screen twice and failed at around 30% completion. I took my (64gb Adata) SD card out, tried it again and the update worked. Post upgrade, I put the SD card back in and everything seems to be working fine.

aelaan

May 26, 2011
Visit site

So far battery has been good after one day use I am charging it tonight and see how it behaves tomorrow

Battery life is roughly 24 hours with substantial use. I will recharge each night. I had hoped for longer but since this is really my first week using this phone it is longer than my S4 which only gets 7 hours of use and hangs off the cord at least twice daily.

Al

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Wondering.....I'm on Bell with my Note 3 and Have 4.4.2. on her.....if I wanted to use odin and load a stock ROM of 4.3 Jelly Bean can I go back with no problems? Will all my apps work like they did before I did the OTA update to Kit-Kat? I have the SD card issue no writes or create dir's etc and have a few apps no longer working properly.??? Appreciate any help in advance!

aelaan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The phone is really behaving very well and I could not be happier with it. The mitigate upgrade came the day I got it and the battery life is still roughly 24 hours. I saw lots of updates to my most essential programs. Some people think it is to big for a phone and to the I say pfffff. I use it daily and I like it so there.
O oh and today I found out that the prez also sports one, we're in good company.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
DO NOT DO IT if you rely on Xbox Music app's offline listening mode. The feature is now gone after upgrading to 4.4.2. It was there with 4.3. Xbox Music App now says the device is not supported for offline listening mode. It worked just fine yesterday with 4.3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance