05-03-2015 06:16 PM
42 12
tools
    Anyone know or heard that the Note3 will actually be getting the lollipop firmware upgrade?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2014 09:39 PM
    I'm guessing February

11-17-2014 02:43 PM
    This is really annoying...its been almost a year and still waiting for the update.....

I am planning to move to apple at least you get the updates right way....
    02-24-2015 10:24 AM
    This is really annoying...its been almost a year and still waiting for the update.....

I am planning to move to apple at least you get the updates right way....
    Lol its been less than 4 months dude

02-24-2015 11:32 AM
    Lol its been less than 4 months dude

That's still pretty long ๐Ÿ˜“

But at least now I know what phone I want next, either a nexus or iPhone because waiting for updates suck :3

02-24-2015 05:54 PM
    Good for you... I'm sure you'll also enjoy those Apple updates crippling older models so they are painfully slow to use. Oh and just because the older model has the latest iOS... it doesn't mean it can actually access all the features of that OS release.
    02-25-2015 09:00 AM
    That's still pretty long

But at least now I know what phone I want next, either a nexus or iPhone because waiting for updates suck :3

And what exactly are you missing out on by not having the absolute latest Android right away? If you are that much of a techie... just flash it on yourself!
    02-25-2015 09:01 AM
    That's still pretty long ๐Ÿ˜“

And what exactly are you missing out on by not having the absolute latest Android right away? If you are that much of a techie... just flash it on yourself!
    02-25-2015 09:01 AM
    I can't... it's not released for my model (Canadian model). I assure you if it was I would've had it ๐Ÿ˜“

02-26-2015 12:10 AM
    I can't... it's not released for my model (Canadian model). I assure you if it was I would've had it

You're clearly not very savvy with Android, are you? I've been running Lollipop on my N900W8 (All Canadian Carriers) since it was released. You do realise you can install TWRP and flash a T-Mobile custom ROM that features Lollipop (AKA all of them) on your Rogers/Telus/Bell/Any Canadian Galaxy Note 3, right?
    03-14-2015 04:23 AM
    You're clearly not very savvy with Android, are you? I've been running Lollipop on my N900W8 (All Canadian Carriers) since it was released. You do realise you can install TWRP and flash a T-Mobile custom ROM that features Lollipop (AKA all of them) on your Rogers/Telus/Bell/Any Canadian Galaxy Note 3, right?
    OMG SERIOUSLY?! I've been asking that question in the regular note 3 forum but i didn't get a solid answer hey, do I have to have a custom recovery to flash the T-Mobile version? Can't I have everything stock?

03-14-2015 11:43 AM
    Are you serious? Even a tiny bit of research on your own could give you that info. And yes you need a custom recovery - it allows you to install the customized ROM. That's the whole point lol. How could you consider swapping to Apple? No such thing as custom ROMs. You're limited to the OS they want you to use, the way they want it to be used. No customization. Yuck. The moral of the story is, you can get Lollipop on your Canadian Note, just do the research :P
    03-17-2015 09:44 AM
    Are you serious? Even a tiny bit of research on your own could give you that info. And yes you need a custom recovery - it allows you to install the customized ROM. That's the whole point lol. How could you consider swapping to Apple? No such thing as custom ROMs. You're limited to the OS they want you to use, the way they want it to be used. No customization. Yuck. The moral of the story is, you can get Lollipop on your Canadian Note, just do the research :P
    I have googled this a lot but I didn't get an answer... All I find is forms on cm 12 for Canadian note 3 which I do not want. Googling on how to get a T-Mobile ROM onto a Canadian note 3 didn't give me any results. Also I don't want a custom recovery so I guess there is no point now , might as well wait 4 more months till Canadian carriers release it

03-17-2015 09:57 AM
    It shouldn't be that much longer, carriers are rolling it out for S5 and Note 4, I've got it on my spare phone (HTC One M7) - it should be coming soon.
    03-17-2015 10:12 AM
    Where in EMAD's text did they say they were buying an old iPhone? I read that they are considering buying an iPhone, which means could be the latest iPhone which definitely works well with the newest iOS update. I too am sick of waiting for unknown time periods until Samsung gets their act together and gets the update out to consumers. Samsung needs to get rid of their piece of crap app loader, it sucks and is full of useless software that I doubt most people use or even know exists. We should at least be able to uninstall what we don't want. I will either buy the Nexus 6 or iPhone 6 Plus next. Apple makes a much better phone in terms of design aesthetics (except for the S6).
    03-29-2015 07:50 PM
    Bell just pushed lollipop to my note 3

03-30-2015 06:20 AM
    So does anyone know if Rogers is officially updating to Lollipop OTA or do I have to unlock bootloader and root my device for this?
    03-30-2015 12:24 PM
    So can I flash 5.0 from bell onto my Rogers note 3 via odin? I'm trying to Google this but I'm not getting any answers

03-31-2015 09:47 PM
    So can I flash 5.0 from bell onto my Rogers note 3 via odin? I'm trying to Google this but I'm not getting any answers

Well I just went ahead and did it and it worked so yay

04-02-2015 12:32 AM
    Rogers own timeline says 5.0.2 is coming to our phones this month... so just hang in there and wait for the official version.
    04-02-2015 11:24 AM
    I don't know if it's a placebo effect but lollipop feels so much faster than kitkat. Battery life however is not so great but it is manageable.

04-02-2015 03:13 PM
    Just confirmed with Rogers lollipop is rolling out now

edit - I have not received my update as of yet

04-03-2015 08:07 AM
    No I have not got any update for my Note 3 Roger. Please help.

04-04-2015 02:51 PM
    Hi Emad,

How didyou flash Bell's 5 on to Rogers Note 3 device?
    I am pretty new to all this technical stuff...could you (or anyone) please direct me to some post/instruction sets on how to do it!

P.S. I am not a very technical person...
    04-05-2015 02:14 AM
    Hi Emad,

How didyou flash Bell's 5 on to Rogers Note 3 device?
    I am pretty new to all this technical stuff...could you (or anyone) please direct me to some post/instruction sets on how to do it!

P.S. I am not a very technical person...
    Are you sure you want to flash bells version? I see on Rogers official website that they are rolling out 5.0.2 in April (that's right now) so you can expect the official OTA by the end of the month. If you still want to flash bells (it's only 5.0) just download the firmware from sammobile then follow the instructions here

Ps. That's not my video, it's some random persons on YouTube

04-05-2015 06:55 PM
42 12