Cant log into my Gmail or Google Play store after Root

thall7

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I rooted my Note 3....everything worked great. I started having problems making In-App purchases so I did a hard reset on my phone. After doing so, everything is working wonderfully but my phone will NOT ALLOW me to log into my gmail through Google. I logged in through the "Email" account. I cannot access the google play store and none of my contacts are back in my phone. any thoughts?? I have attached a screenshot of what my phone does when trying to log into gmail. I have tried this multiple times over 4g and 3 different Wifi connections.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-25-11-23-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-25-11-23-59.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 70

thall7

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
yes. everything works on the phone but Gmail. I can even log into my gmail email when I use the "email" icon instead of the Gmail icon..

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You entered the account as an email account? Now add a Google account with your gmail address and password. Play Store uses the Google account, not any email account.

openminds_Jon

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I know this post is old but I fixed mine by disabling 2-step verification for my Google accounts log-in. Tried all other steps mentioned in this and other threads but nobody mentioned this fix.

LK Khuptinson

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
guys i think dats becoz u ve used freedom app before.try reinstalling freedom app and u may b able to use google and playstore again.
hope this helps... thnks!!

Osama Albar

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
To LK Khuptinson

I had to register just to send this message.

I registered just to tell you that I really thank you.

I was going to buy new phone this week

you solved my problem

Many thanks

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello, i knoiw the simplest solution to ur issue,
1.it happened to me once, using kingo root, it happened bcoz of the process done incorrectly i recommend first using odin get cwm recovery to ur phone then flash a rom after reset in recovery mode... if u r not handy to these sort of tghings dont get nervous and keep trying coz risks teach us.
2.if u have used freedom app then open it and click the 3 dot menu or the options bar at the left bottom at ur screen and click on stop then uninstall it and play store will start working fine.

T Grady

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I installed the freedom app but now it says I can't use the app without a google acct. Wth! That's the problem that I'm having! I've already master reset my phone so now I can't connect my google account to it. So I can't get my backed up apps, contacts, or anything else. The phone still works and the internet works too. Help please! I don't want to have to replace it.

68Thibz

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
My HTC M8 is doing the same and will not let me flash a new rom .. I have Viper ROM on it now.. Been this way for about a year now.. I just don't mess with it anymore ( I have other phones)..

Any suggestion would help .. Thanks ..

killamods

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
how to delete host files can anyone help me please Send email on my Email address

Ok everyone here is the simple way to fix everything completely, really no joke, on the Google search type root explorer apk and click the second link download it now go into the app toggle the r/o button now scroll down to system scroll all the way down to xbin now scroll down find the su file and supolicy file and delete them both, now reboot the phone and wala you are good to go, everything fully functional, if you have anymore problems, add my psn. Soulrippingdemon, or kik, pokemonlover898, cya

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835