Block Sender in Messeges app?

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey people! I have a very strange issue... I keep getting spammed with messages in my "Messages" app. They are coming from different addresses each time, and appear to be randomly generated. Further complicating things, they aren't SMS messages. They are emails. Someone, or something, is spamming mynumber@tmomail.net or whatever the email address is that allows a computer to text to a cell. They are all coming from the same domain, amazonses.com. With a little research I have found this is a legitimate service offered by Amazon. I have contacted them regarding this issue but have not heard anything back since. Since Amazon might not want to, or be able to help me, or this might not even be from Amazon, it could even be faked, it would appear I need to settle this myself.

That's where you guys come in! I'm not smart enough to solve this myself. Somehow I need to block all incoming messages from "amazonses.com", but since people's cell phones rarely receive emails via SMS, the Messages app doesn't offer a way to block by domain, at least not that I can see. I don't want to change my number, I already did that a few months ago for an unrelated issue. Amazon seems to be unwilling or unable to help so I need to find a way to block this. It's a different address each time so I can't just block them individually. Any ideas?

Here's a few screenshots to show you what I mean:

Screenshot_2014-05-14-10-36-09.jpg

Screenshot_2014-05-14-10-36-36.jpg

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this!

ZarKo 1

May 15, 2014
Visit site
There is an app called Mr. Number. It blocks texts and calls from specific numbers (whichever numbers you select to be blocked). Furthermore, it will crosscheck the number or address with an online database, and identify the texter or caller if other users have specified that number or address as spam. It has a built-in "lookup" tool. Might help in your case. I'm not sure how to block an entire domain though. Best I can do.

Here you go
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.mrnumber.blocker&token=7wD5FbI7

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
There is an app called Mr. Number. It blocks texts and calls from specific numbers (whichever numbers you select to be blocked). Furthermore, it will crosscheck the number or address with an online database, and identify the texter or caller if other users have specified that number or address as spam. It has a built-in "lookup" tool. Might help in your case. I'm not sure how to block an entire domain though. Best I can do.

Here you go
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.mrnumber.blocker&token=9tNacfDz

That looks really good! I'm not sure if it will help with this problem or not, but at the very least it might help identify the sender. Thanks. Also, that app could help me with a separate issue, every one in a while I get a blank message from "Unknown". Maybe that app can help with that too. Thanks for helping me!

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX