best rooting option for sim free note 3?

amzi160586

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

So I've been contemplating rooting this bad boy for a few weeks.

Was looking for advice as to the best and safest method.

I currently on a sim free note 3 from Carphonewarehouse in the UK.

Preferably without tripping the knob counter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

amzi160586

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I did try towel root but it comes up with a message that my phone is not compatible with it.

Mines a sim free and think towel root is for verizon only.

Am I doing something wrong?

Greg Wilkins

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Just download towelroot on your phones browser, install, make it rain, super simple, done it 2 times, I Uninstalled just to see if I could without messing anything up

amzi160586

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Just download towelroot on your phones browser, install, make it rain, super simple, done it 2 times, I Uninstalled just to see if I could without messing anything up

Yeah I've tried towel roots but it keeps saying that my device is not supported.

Greg Wilkins

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've tried towel roots but it keeps saying that my device is not supported.

Look on xda, it will tell you what's available for root, as long as your build is 4.4+ and before a specific date (June 2013 I believe) it should work, so head on over and let us know if anything helped

amzi160586

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, got around to rooting today. Followed a YouTube video so all went well and was pretty quick (about 2 minutes). Now it's just time to have a little play about and see what's rooms would be best.

mac_hack_420

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
The Darthstalker rom would be a good place to start or even lab rats take over the world rom is also very reliable. Make sure you have a good recovery like twrp or Cwm. do a full nandroid back up just incase anything goes wrong.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

amzi160586

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The Darthstalker rom would be a good place to start or even lab rats take over the world rom is also very reliable. Make sure you have a good recovery like twrp or Cwm. do a full nandroid back up just incase anything goes wrong.

hey thanks for the advice.. Ive installed twrp but still reading around to gain more knowledge..any suggestions for rom with all the Samsung bloatware removed?

Posted via the Android Central App

mac_hack_420

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
With most roms they come with its own installer. you can select the gapps and other bloatware apps as u please. The darthstalker rom has that option. Also you can try x-note. Search xda for the relevant threads. Happy flashing 😊

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty