New 2 Kitkat - SD card ?

craige

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I am buying note 3 tommorow (Currently using Note1 with JB)... and I have heard today tht Kitkat doesn't support writing to SD card.
Now I don't wana Root hence is I possible to break this write restriction ?

My main concern/query is: I store all my music on my SD card and always Store all my pics/videos taken from phone camera on SD card -- So is this functionality still there OR not ?

arnestang

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Basically you can only read what's on the SD card. Picture and videos taken with the phone can not be stored directly from the phone. If you use photo editing apps on the phone you cannot save the edited picture to the SD card. Samsung promised to solve this 6 months ago, we are still waiting. Rooting is the only solution as of now. What I have said is based on note 3 N9005 with kitkat 4.4.2. On android 4.3 it's OK.

Posted via Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Basically you can only read what's on the SD card. Picture and videos taken with the phone can not be stored directly from the phone. If you use photo editing apps on the phone you cannot save the edited picture to the SD card. Samsung promised to solve this 6 months ago, we are still waiting. Rooting is the only solution as of now. What I have said is based on note 3 N9005 with kitkat 4.4.2. On android 4.3 it's OK.

This is not true. And the answer to the OP's question is yes you can store both your music and your pictures and videos taken with the camera on the SD card. As far as other uses for the card, in general, 3rd party apps can only write to their own directory, not directories created by other apps.

craige

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
This is not true. And the answer to the OP's question is yes you can store both your music and your pictures and videos taken with the camera on the SD card. As far as other uses for the card, in general, 3rd party apps can only write to their own directory, not directories created by other apps.

Ok thx.

craige

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I got to read a few more stuff abt kitkat problems...

1] Third party (Chinese) S-view covers don't work after kitkat upgrade, which now apparently fixed.
2] Samsung has an solved an issue that prevented writing to external storage (SD) after updating to KitKat.

Can you ppl confirm the above. If yes, I can happily upgrade without any issues.

arnestang

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I have been away and now I see you find my posting not true. The man asked if the phone don't have write access to the external ad card. This is true kit kat 4.4.2 do not have write access to the external sd card.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been away and now I see you find my posting not true. The man asked if the phone don't have write access to the external ad card. This is true kit kat 4.4.2 do not have write access to the external sd card.

No it is not true. You clearly have you're own agenda here and it's not answering the poster's question correctly.

craige

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

No it is not true. You clearly have you're own agenda here and it's not answering the poster's question correctly.

Either of them is giving out wrong info. which is terribly bad, as you can ruin somebody usage on a brand new phone if he updates and the info. provided turns ut to be false. Please folks always give out information that is ture and tested by yourself personally.

craige

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
yes you can store both your music and your pictures and videos taken with the camera on the SD card. As far as other uses for the card, in general, 3rd party apps can only write to their own directory, not directories created by other apps.

I believe you are giving out the right information and like to tell you, basically am a heavy game user, and just want all my games to be able to save to SD card. (Eg: Real Racing 3, NFS series, GTA). Any idea if games like I mentioned can be transferred to SD. Also if yes, can they be updated ?

Maybe you can also DL one game from above and leme know... Thx

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
After update to 4.4.2 I can no longer read or write to sd card. Phone shows card is empty..but I know it have all my music and older photos.
So I've decided to root