GPS issues

Jay_FJ

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys.
So I'm having an issue that I can't seem to solve ..

I've an SM-N9005 running CyanogenMod M12. Lately I've been having issues with my GPS. I can't get a fix whatsoever. When I turn the A-GPS/High accuracy mode, I get a close location to where I'm, but not the exact location and still no navigation app would work.
When I'm in a car, it'd show my location outside the road. and If I'm sitting in someplace, it'd show my location somewhere else ( within my area bit something like 200 meters away)

If AGPS is off, it'd take 20 minutes and Still no fix.

Here are the things I've tried to solve it.

- wiped and factory reset ( countless times )
- installed like 6 other different ROMs ( same issue )
- tried other CM versions and wiped too
- cleaned AGPS data using GPS status app.

Nothing seemed to work whatsoever. The problem has been going for a while, but GPS used to work perfectly fine before for like 8 months .. And it's out of warrantee period so I can't exchange it. Any solutions?

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys.
So I'm having an issue that I can't seem to solve ..

I've an SM-N9005 running CyanogenMod M12. Lately I've been having issues with my GPS. I can't get a fix whatsoever. When I turn the A-GPS/High accuracy mode, I get a close location to where I'm, but not the exact location and still no navigation app would work.
When I'm in a car, it'd show my location outside the road. and If I'm sitting in someplace, it'd show my location somewhere else ( within my area bit something like 200 meters away)

If AGPS is off, it'd take 20 minutes and Still no fix.

Here are the things I've tried to solve it.

- wiped and factory reset ( countless times )
- installed like 6 other different ROMs ( same issue )
- tried other CM versions and wiped too
- cleaned AGPS data using GPS status app.

Nothing seemed to work whatsoever. The problem has been going for a while, but GPS used to work perfectly fine before for like 8 months .. And it's out of warrantee period so I can't exchange it. Any solutions?
I'm having the same issue with the GPS in my SM-N9000 running Android 5.0

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with the GPS in my SM-N9000 running Android 5.0
I'm almost convinced (and maybe correct) that one or more of the leaf clips which are part of the antennae had lost contact with the metal back plate that it/they should be making contact with when the phone is in one piece. I noticed one of the four in my phone is missing.

Last edited:

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm almost convinced (and maybe correct) that one or more of the leaf clips which are part of the antennae had lost contact with the metal back plate that it/they should be making contact with when the phone is in one piece. I noticed one of the forty in my phone is missing.
Pardon my typo, I meant to type "...one of the four..."