Rooted Note 3 apps grayed out after reset?

antnida

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I got my note 3 with AT&T rooted for a while now, it's running 4.4.2. I keep having problem with apps (from my micro sd) keep disappearing after I do a reset. I tried micro sd card fix, file manager to mirror the apps, the apps would only works as long as the phone remained on, if I do a reset then all those apps that either moved to the micro sd or mirrored from the micro sd would disappeared. Any help on this issue?

Thanks
Tony

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Android was never designed to run apps from the SD card. Some will run if moved, some will run, but not correctly, some will move but not run and some can't be moved. (2 and 3 are the developer's fault - if they won't run properly from the SD card, don't allow them to be moved to it.)

If you can't fit all your apps in 32GB of internal storage (about 25GB once Android is loaded), use a backup app and only keep the apps you need now in internal storage. When you need different apps, uninstall the ones you don't need right now and install the ones you do. (If you want to keep the app's data too, use Helium - the phone's rooted, so that's not a problem, and you can keep all the backups on the SD card. (They're just data for Helium, even the apps themselves, which is what Android is designed to keep on the card.)

I'm just guessing, because you don't say which apps (and what kind of partition you're moving them to on the card, so I can't try to duplicate the problem), but the apps you're having problems with probably can't run properly from the card, or what you're using to move them isn't working properly. (An icon pointing to storage that doesn't have the app or a symlink to the app is just a picture on the screen.)

antnida

May 26, 2011
Visit site
There are a lots of games that I like to move to the sd card, for now I used 2 as a test vehicle, angry birds and ant smasher. I installed it to the internal memory, did a reset and apps works fine. Using AppMgr III I moved those 2 apps to the sd card, works fine before I restart the phone, however after i restart the phone the apps will be grayed out and i have to reinstall it if I want those apps to work. I was hopping there is a way to get around this but seem like 95% of the games apps are non movable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49