My son is currently using my old Note 3. It was running a stock rooted rom. He updated his Pokemon Go app and now it won't work due to the latest update. He decided that he didn't need it rooted anymore so I took it and did a factory update to remove root. I successfully got root removed with no issues. I then noticed there was an 800MB+ update from AT&T so I let the phone install that. It downloaded the update with no issue but froze on the AT&T logo and started to get really hot. It stayed like that for an hour. I then figured it wasn't going to work and rebooted the phone. It is still stuck on the AT&T logo. When rebooted it will start loading with the samsung splash screen then change to the AT&T rotating globe and freeze. Once it gets to that point it will not shut off unless I remove the battery. Holding the power button just reboots it again. I tried going into recovery mode, I got a different AT&T screen that says updating with a percentage and blue bar at the bottom. It loads up to about 27% and flashes update failed and reboots and freezes like I said above. Does anyone have any idea how I can get this phone working again? Right now it a pretty good sized paperweight. Thanks for your help.

Note to mods: I also posted this in the AT&T Note 3 forum but wanted to cross-post here for greater exposure since it could be a root issue as well.
    09-16-2016 02:20 PM
    When you upgrade your phone, you need re-root your device I think
    rajumir likes this.
    01-22-2017 01:29 AM