I have a Sprint Note 3 and I am having the dreaded "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" problem.

I tried every single fix I found online. Even the stupid ones I new wouldn't work. I finally caved and did a full wipe. Low and behold, on the very first setup screen the error message immediately popped up.

I am stock (whatever the latest version is) and rooted.

If factory reset doesn't work I don't know what else would work. That's usually the last recourse. Any suggestions? HELP!

Do I maybe need to re-flash the stock rom? If so, can someone please provide a link?
    08-29-2017 08:46 AM
    Reflash the stock ROM. A factory reset only reformats the userdata partition... the system partition, where all your system software sits, doesn't get touched in the process. So if something in that system area is screwed up, a FDR won't do anything.

Reloading the factory software will flush anything on the phone and reload it clean. If the error remains after all that, then your issue is almost certainly a hardware problem....
    08-29-2017 09:54 AM
    I had a feeling that was the case.

I'm on n900pvpsepl1 (the latest OTA update), any idea where I can download a clean stock rom? Most of the rom threads I see are for custom roms, not any stock roms.
    08-29-2017 10:57 AM
    So I can't find a good working ROM. What if I restored to a working Nandroid backup that I made before I started having this problem? Would that eliminate the problem?

And if so could I then do a factory restore to start with a clean slate or would problem come back because the system partition will still have the problem?
    08-29-2017 12:53 PM
    The nandroid backup, can you give a little bit more specific info on the backup? How was it made, what files are present, etc?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2017 01:07 AM
    Search in Sammobile. AFAIK they're the biggest online library of stock Samsung ROMs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2017 02:10 AM