Deleted my OS in my samsung note 3 SM-N900

Syed Suhail

Apr 4, 2019
Visit site
3 months ago i flashed a custom rom for the first time on my note 3 SM-N900(MagMa_NX_VX1_XDA_N900), it worked perfectly fine, i had no problems. Now for a week i was facing battery issues, so i changed the battery and everything went normal, but i read somewhere to reset your phone after replacing a battery for better performance. So me being a dumb guy, went into TWRP, and reseted and deleted EVERYTHING. So there is no OS for my phone. I have TWRP installed, so i can access that, i also have an SD card. So i tried reinstalling the rom(Downloading the rom on my laptop and transferring to SD card, very slow process), but it failed, saying my file is corrupt and missing md5 file. I tried installing the orginal os(image) through odin, but i feel iam doing something wrong there(The device doesnt restart and odin doesnt say pass). PLEASE HELP ME, WOULD BE GREATLY APPERCIATED...

P.S Solutions in step by step please, iam not a proffesional at this.. PLEASE HELP

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have any direct experience with this kind of thing. Let me see if one of our other Ambassadors @Rukbat has any input.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Before doing anything major, make a full TWRP backup and save it to your PC. (That includes updates on phone that are still getting updates.)

2. If the ROM isn't an .md5 file (or a .tar) file, get one - even the stock ROM. Keep it on the PC. Put the phone in download mode (Home+Volume Down+power until you see the warning, then Volume Up to go to Download, if I recall - it tells you on the screen). Run Odin. Load the ROM file into Odin. Here - follow the writeup I did - it includes everything (except that you might not fine a Note 3 ROM at Sammobile any more) - [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

Once you're back to stock, you can flash whatever other ROM you were using by whatever method the developer set up - Odin, TWRP, there are a few ways.

And no, you don't do any resets when you replace the battery. It's going to go, and you just replace it. (Even the "new" one you got - which was made in 2013-2014 - is old and it's not going to last as long as the original one did.)