Samsung Note 3 Stuck on Samsung Logo on Booting. How Do I Solve This?

jasonswl

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get your advice on my phone: my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been stuck on the Samsung logo after booting up and doesn't boot beyond that. It was a sudden occurrence as the phone was working perfectly the night before.

1. What I have attempted:
Here's what I have attempted / ruled out:
- Prior to the issue I have not downloaded any other apps (ruling out any cause of malicious apps)
- Recharged battery (no battery issue) and battery working perfectly fine
- Cleared the system cache
- Tried to boot in Safe Mode (but could not boot in Safe Mode because phone could not progress beyond the Samsung logo)

2. Important phone content: Most important to me are the Photos in the Gallery, downloaded Music and WhatsApp data
- My Google Photos contains only one part of the photos (i.e. Google Photos are not complete, but Gallery is complete)
- If it is still possible to salvage the situation, I am looking for a solution that preferably does not involve doing a factory reset or any sort of data wipe, at least until I backup my Photos, Music and WhatsApp backup data.

3. Any suggestions: Would Smart Switch be able to help extract data out of the phone, even when it is booting? As I've read that Kies is only applicable for Samsung Note 2 and below.
- Are there any other PC suites or software which can access and backup the phone's content without having to fully boot the phone to the usual home screen?

Any suggestions or advice on the above would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I'm new to this forum as well - would kindly appreciate if someone will point out if this is the right subforum to ask support questions like this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So are you saying that not all of the photos on the phone are backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud? Go to photos.google.com on your computer browser -- are all of the photos there?

Also, I assume all of the photos are saved to Internal Storage and not an SD card, correct?

Let me see if @mustang7757 has other ideas.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try turning phone off before its starts hold volume up and power button same time try get recovery mode and do factory reset otherwise try download mode with power and volume down to flash firmware

jasonswl

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi Diddy, yes you got that correctly. The Google Photos only have about 60% of the photos. All of them are in the Gallery.

And yes, unfortunately it is all in Internal Storage, and not in an SD Card.

jasonswl

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Sorry, may I know what flashing the firmware does? Factory reset is really the last option here. Just throwing an idea out here: would there be any PC suites or software which can extract info from the Internal Storage?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, may I know what flashing the firmware does? Factory reset is really the last option here. Just throwing an idea out here: would there be any PC suites or software which can extract info from the Internal Storage?
I recommend factory reset then if that doesn't work we can talk about flashing the stock firmware again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy