Its Official

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I think the battery cover looks great, the phone looks great and sure TW could need some sprucing up, but come on CrApple got away with the Fisher Price UI since 2007 and finally updated it this year by ripping off Android and Windows Mobile.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I mean if you have a note 2 there is no reason to get this unless you really want the specs. But you can wait until the Note 4 comes along.

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

I want the Verizon Note 3,assuming that it supports advanced wireless services. Hopefully it will improve lte speeds.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Touchwiz is getting a bit long in the tooth looks wise, I agree, but I didn't expect the Note 3 to be the device to show us a whole new look, if anything, the GS5 will be that device.

I like the back, it's different, it seems more grippy, that's all I need to most likely carry this phone without a case.

As far as Note 2 users not having to upgrade, I beg to differ. The screen alone is enough to want me to make the jump to the Note 2. Combined my being eligible for a new phone since April and with my Note 2 probably having around 200 to 250 dollars trade in value at Best Buy, the Note 3 will cost me next to nothing. Also, when looking at the slides of all the LTE bands the Note 3 supports, one of them was 800 Mhz which is what Sprint is now allowed to use after shutting down the old Nextel IDEN network. Once they upgrade the towers, the Note 3 should give me better reception indoors, and you can never have a strong enough signal. I am lucky enough to live in a Sprint LTE area, so I will definitely benefit from it.

Do you know how I could find out what lte bands it will support ? Did anyone mentions that it will support all lte bands in one model? Thanks

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Its definitely micro USB, Samsung has always used that style port. Motorola was the last to switch to micro USB and that was about a year ago.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Think he was referring to the fact that the bottom of the phone has a much wider port size next to the speaker. Not totally sure what it is for, I read earlier but with all the excitement I can't find the article or clear picture quick enough. Ferris?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It is wider I have read. It is also backward compatible with standard micro usb 2.0, although not as fast naturally. Hopefully, with the improved battery life, I won't have to worry about getting a car charger right away unless I go on a trip.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It is wider I have read. It is also backward compatible with standard micro usb 2.0, although not as fast naturally. Hopefully, with the improved battery life, I won't have to worry about getting a car charger right away unless I go on a trip.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

USB 3.0, 2.0 is slower though.

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Specs are awesome, but I can't get past how it looks. Not liking that back cover at all with the faux stitching! Yuck! Not to mention the flat ribbed edges, I'm sure they're easier to grip, but just ugly IMO. Ditto on the flat end of the S-Pen and the back camera hump. I'm very disappointed. :(

See the hands on here: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 hands-on | Android Central

Agree. Great specs but a step back in my honest opinion when talking about physical build/appearance.

I will happily keep my Note 2 :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Really a step back. We all have our views but the GN3 is a HUGE improvement over the GN2 in many, many ways, design, internals, software, features. I hated my GN2 and couldn't be happier pre-ordering my GN3 tomorrow.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'll revisit the Note 3 in the November/December timeframe and see if it's worth me selling off my S4 and Note 8.0. Now that I've settled on this here Nexus 7 as my plaything (it beat out an ipad 4, Sony Xperia Tablet Z, and Note 10.1) for the house it may be a decent consolidation device for the S4 and Note 8.0.

Sent from my Nexus 7

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It is worth the upgrade for me just for the 12 mp cam... This phone is a very nice upgrade to the note 2 so I don't get the people who think it's not... Just my opinion.

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It is worth the upgrade for me just for the 12 mp cam... This phone is a very nice upgrade to the note 2 so I don't get the people who think it's not... Just my opinion.

Different strokes for different folks. Also, you have to realize that some may not be able to get the Note 3 now because of contracts or other financial constraints and may be quietly factoring that into their posts here. IMO it's a great device with multiple improvements in everything from screen size and ppi to Android updates to software capabilities to a vastly superior camera. I venture to guess that it may be the best selling Note yet and I look forward to seeing how it compares to the competition the Note series has spawned (One Max, etc., etc.)

Sent from my Nexus 7

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess it is good having a family plan with 5 lines,,,, I always have a upgrade available .