So now that the Keynote is over, Whats your take?

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The device looks awesome, and the back cover is growing on me.

How much will it cost though?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Have been checking a few sites, and nobody has a solid answer as to pricing and release date in the US. If I had to guess, I'd say $299 for the 32GB. I can't remember a phone that was ever priced above $299 at 32GB. Probably $700 off contract.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The presentation itself was lackluster, but the Note 3 itself is one of the first devices to not disappoint me initially. The faux leather back really took me by surprise, in a good way. The cheap, glossy plastic backs on current Samsung phones is my major criticism. I'm nervous about the camera though, as they just glossed over it with no actual details... I hope I like it as much when I pick one up later this month (or next month if it really takes until October to be released here in the U.S.)

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I never really had a huge problem with the "plastic" back. The only reason why I eventually got a case for my S3 was because the back was too slick at times and started sliding out of a few of my more business-casual pants while sitting down. This new backing material should be perfect! I love my devices buck nekkid! lol

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Overall, my reaction to the Note 3 was "Okay. I'll try it in person when it's released".

I love how Samsung is adding new features, including some pretty cool multitasking features, though I would like to see how the S Pen improves over the Note II.

However, I don't really dig the pleather backing, though it's better than the plastic back of the GS4 and TouchWiz is still horrendously optimized. No matter how much beef they add to the phone, TouchWiz always has a way to slow it down.

Maybe my opinion will change when I see and try the device in person, but those are my first impressions.

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
As an owner of the S3 and S4 and I felt that both lag unnecessarily due to Samsung not optimizing the software and instead focusing more on adding features I have zero interest in the new Note 3 despite its impressive hardware because the skin the same - no mention of improvements in Touchwiz and still has the dated look.

It didn't help that I saw a few hands on videos that showed lag in the UI.

Needless to say I'll pass due to disappointment in that respect.

Holding onto unlimited data @ Verizon for as long as I can. ^_^

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
As an owner of the S3 and S4 and I felt that both lag unnecessarily due to Samsung not optimizing the software and instead focusing more on adding features I have zero interest in the new Note 3 despite its impressive hardware because the skin the same - no mention of improvements in Touchwiz and still has the dated look.

It didn't help that I saw a few hands on videos that showed lag in the UI.

Needless to say I'll pass due to disappointment in that respect.

Your S3 lags? I have tons of widgets running constantly on mine, almost 200 apps installed, and never so much as a hiccup or one iota of lag. Maybe it's a particular app you're using? I did notice some slight lag in the UI in the hands-on video as well, but I'm hoping it's something that will get ironed out before shipment.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if we have any old Blackberry users on here , but the back kinda reminds me of the Blackberry Bold, which I liked personally. I can see going with out a case on this one...my only decision is will Verizon carry the 64GB and how much, and would it make sense to get....

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if we have any old Blackberry users on here , but the back kinda reminds me of the Blackberry Bold, which I liked personally. I can see going with out a case on this one...my only decision is will Verizon carry the 64GB and how much, and would it make sense to get....

My guess is unlikely. But if they do it will likely be online only. They don't seem to like having a lot of storage options for Android. They leave that to the iPhone.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Really dig the phone. Biggest disapointment is no OIS. I'm still waiting on the HTC Max before I decide which of these two to get, but leaning very strongly towards the Note 3. Though I am going to try to hold out until there is a sale or a bundle with Gear. I'm going to get the iPhone 5s when that is released and would like to wait at least a month before I buy this. And my LG Pro should hopefully quell my urge to buy this phone at launch.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Hope somebody makes a holster that would work with this phone's original back cover. I don't know how you, guys, carry phones in your pockets. Probably aren't using a screen protector either, eh, rubbing against your house and car keys?

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hope somebody makes a holster that would work with this phone's original back cover. I don't know how you, guys, carry phones in your pockets. Probably aren't using a screen protector either, eh, rubbing against your house and car keys?

Left pocket for keys and pens, right pocket for phone and cash. Simple organization.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Left pocket for keys and pens, right pocket for phone and cash. Simple organization.

Same here, except my phone is exclusively by itself in my left pocket. Everything else (which is usually just my keys and change) goes in the right. Never had a problem with any of my many different phones doing that.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Ive got a similar setup. Right pocket for Cash, wallet and keyfob, left pocket for phone only. Phone always has its own pocket no matter what. When fall/winter weather hits keys or phone move to the jacket depending on what kind of jacket i'm wearing.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know where Scrapbook is saved? Is it stored locally or is it synced with the cloud? Google Drive?

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The note 3 looks nice but not enough for me to upgrade from my Note 2.

As far as carrying my phone. Phone in right pocket. Keys and ear buds in left pocket. Wallet in back pocket. It is very rare that I have coins or even cash with me. No way I could bring myself to wear a belt holster.

Noted via tapatalk

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Those of you who carry phones in your pockets, do they have screen protectors? As to a holster, I found it the most secure way to carry a phone, especially after a side pouch with the phone in it twice slipped off my belt without me noticing.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Currently I have the s4. My note 2 broke and I'm now waiting to get the note 3, loving the back! As far as carrying, always screen protector, commuter case, in the right pocket. Coins, wallet and knife in left pocket, keys in the back pocket. Like I said always, even when relaxing on the couch in the evening, although usually my phone is out.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon