Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone notice that the Note 3 will support USB 3.0......it also has a Micro USB 3.0 port on the phone. I think this is awesome.

Last edited:

Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about Wall chargeing but if you use a 3.0 cable and plug it into a 3.0 port it will charge faster(Almost 1amp for 3.0 to the .5amp 2.0) but there also should be faster data transfer.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
USB 3.0 will allow for faster file transfers. This is probably going to help when offloading these monster 4k video files. As far as wall charging goes you will want to use a charger that will support Qualcomms quick charge 2 as much as possible. (Im sure the included one will support this) The 800 chipset supports this. It allows for 75% quicker charging vs a phone without it. Definitely will be helpful when trying to juice up that 3200mah battery.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This basically equates to charging the Note 3 full just as fast as the Galaxy Nexus but it will last 3 times longer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone notice that the Note 3 will support USB 3.0......it also has a Micro USB 3.0 port on the phone. I think this is awesome.
Are there Micro USB 3.0 cables? I ordered some 3.0 cables and the connector looks too large for the phone. Monoprice did not show any Micro 3./0 cables.

Edit: The connector on the phone is a Micro USB just like USB 2.0. At least that is what Monoprice said and he said he is correct. I guess if you plug it into a USB 3.0 port on your computer, it's 3.0.
I know there is no special Micro 3,0 cable so what happens when you plug it into a wall plug? Does it charge like 3.0 or 2.0?

The Monoprice "expert" is dead wrong. There is a Micro USB 3.0 cable and I just ordered five of them from Amazon. I am sending the Monoprice cables back because they are the standard 3.0 cables, probably used on external disk drives. Monoprice does not have the Micro cables.

Last edited:

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yup, it will come with a mini 3.0 USB port for faster file transfers...not sure about faster charging time.
That depends on the charger itself not on a cable.

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Yup, it will come with a mini 3.0 USB port for faster file transfers...not sure about faster charging time.
That depends on the charger itself not on a cable.

Micro not mini
And yes faster charge time because of 3.0 and snapdragon 800
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Those will not plug into your phone. Your phone has a standard USB Micro connector. I went through this for an hour with Monoprice.

Dale Griggs could you please stop spreading LIES? Thank you!

The Note 3 has a micro USB 3.0 port and it will also be able to use older micro USB cables.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance