Verizon preorders start September 6th at 9 am EST

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I will check out the pre-order page and then decide if I want to pull the trigger. Do like that the Note III will come with 4.3 and retain removable battery and microSD card slot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If it had a nonremovable battery and no SD card I would buy it. But I'll pass and wait for one max or g2. But glad to see vzw didn't brand the home button like they did on note 2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If it had a nonremovable battery and no SD card I would buy it. But I'll pass and wait for one max or g2. But glad to see vzw didn't brand the home button like they did on note 2

What are the reasons you won't buy it because you can remove the battey and add a SD card?

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Wonder how many people will bite on this post...surely he isn't being serious.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Rather dumb founded on that one. But everyone has their own set of specs they want. I was looking at the One Max but this truly fits the bill AND Samsung has proven they are going to support hardware for some time to come. GN2, GS3 and GS4 all getting 4.3 starting in October (December on Verizon is my guess) but seriously what other OEM is stepping up like that . . . None.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Has there been any clarification on what this post entails? Is this for bundles only? Or for either? Surely they can't have people pre order without a price or an approximate delivery date?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yep very serious, Google doesn't support SD cards any more and Samsung's history of breaking SD cards. Removable battery is a joke. Breaking plastic tabs on the cover loose covers doing battery pulls ha no thanks.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yep very serious, Google doesn't support SD cards any more and Samsung's history of breaking SD cards. Removable battery is a joke. Breaking plastic tabs on the cover loose covers doing battery pulls ha no thanks.

I am not sure what you do to your phones, but I have owned very realistically far more than anyone on the forums has (except the writers here) and I have never broken a battery door on a Samsung device, never, ever. I put my phones in a case, I just rip my battery door off my phone and I am aware the tabs are easily broken. But still I have yet to break one.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what you do to your phones, but I have owned very realistically far more than anyone on the forums has (except the writers here) and I have never broken a battery door on a Samsung device, never, ever. I put my phones in a case, I just rip my battery door off my phone and I am aware the tabs are easily broken. But still I have yet to break one.

I've done this. But it takes a TON of use, and a little abuse to do it. Being a power user and having little time to actually plug in, I keep a spare battery/spare battery charger on my desk for the Gnex. Taking the back cover off once/twice a day to change batteries and here and there for battery pulls it took me a year and a half for my cover to break. Its actually just noticeably loose, not technically broken The tabs just end up wearing out.
That being said, someone who is an average user and just pulls there cover off for the occasional battery pull or removing the SD card, I agree, I can't see it happening without forcing the cover on the wrong way. Definitely don't see it as a problem.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Based on your reply, I can see how constant removal would cause stress on those tabs and they can break. Not sure what the answer is, but if Samsung went away from swappable batteries and microSD I would be hard pressed to stay with them. I love their products but they seem to be the only OEM doing it now and that is big for me.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Based on your reply, I can see how constant removal would cause stress on those tabs and they can break. Not sure what the answer is, but if Samsung went away from swappable batteries and microSD I would be hard pressed to stay with them. I love their products but they seem to be the only OEM doing it now and that is big for me.

Until batteries last much longer with much better longevity from a single battery (amount of charge cycles) and internal storage is boosted up to 64/128GB standard, I agree with your sentiment.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Until batteries last much longer with much better longevity from a single battery (amount of charge cycles) and internal storage is boosted up to 64/128GB standard, I agree with your sentiment.

I agree. I need to be able to change batteries if needed. That being said i am looking forward to putting the monster battery in the GN3 to the test. I've heard nothing but good things about the Note 2's stamina. If the N3 does the same I might be able to get through a whole day with a few car ride charges worked in.

Storage, i've been getting by with 32 gigs, but i rely on cloud storage/streaming for 90% of my music and movies. Having 32/64 onboard with a MicroSD for backup will be plenty, Looks like ill have to start researching those now. Any recommendations on which sandisk to get?? Seems they have Ultra and extreme now.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I need to be able to change batteries if needed. That being said i am looking forward to putting the monster battery in the GN3 to the test. I've heard nothing but good things about the Note 2's stamina. If the N3 does the same I might be able to get through a whole day with a few car ride charges worked in.

Storage, i've been getting by with 32 gigs, but i rely on cloud storage/streaming for 90% of my music and movies. Having 32/64 onboard with a MicroSD for backup will be plenty, Looks like ill have to start researching those now. Any recommendations on which sandisk to get?? Seems they have Ultra and extreme now.

I've used the Ultras for awhile now and the Extreme will just be overkill unless there will be 4k video recording done with the phone.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait to preorder....can't believe verizon will have the preorder up tomorrow....hooray. maybe we'll get it earlier than the last week of November this year, shocking!

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm just hoping we can pre order just the phone and won't be required to order a bundle. Having a requirement to order both will grind a lot of pre order plans to a halt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool