Audio quality and speaker loudness??

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone knows if the Note 3 speaker has been tested yesterday in the show?
I wonder if the speaker will be louder than S4 and better quality after all the critics that the One is superior

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Highlights of the new Note 3 handset include a Full HD Super AMOLED screen, a new S Pen stylus which uses a revamped control system and, to satisfy us audiophiles, 24bit/192kHz high-res audio support

Posted via Android Central App

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Highlights of the new Note 3 handset include a Full HD Super AMOLED screen, a new S Pen stylus which uses a revamped control system and, to satisfy us audiophiles, 24bit/192kHz high-res audio support

Posted via Android Central App

High res audio is marketing spiel. The proof is in the pudding. However, I'm hoping its OK.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The audio on the Note 2 was good, and the Note 3 can be no worse, if not better. If you want dual stereo sounds, then you should look into other phones.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
If there is something I am afraid to loose from my htc One is the nice audio quality with earphones,if we take for exemple the S4...

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
One thing I would add, note 2 sound quality was loud and better than the s3. I read an article than the LG G2 has the hd 24bit/192kHz also, however the audio files we listen to has to be 24bit/192kHz in order to hear this high quality. CD audio quality is 16bit/44kHz. However one thing I find strange or very interesting is the speaker placement on the Note 3, instead of it being on the back like the Note 2. Samsung decided to put the speaker on the bottom of the Note 3, plus the speaker is smaller than the Note 2. Interesting to say the least!!!!

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As long as the volume is loud and clear, i am not too bothered about how good it is. Never been fan of single speakers on smartphones. Would have been good to have proper stereo though.

Sent via my mobile communications device.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
High res audio is marketing spiel. The proof is in the pudding. However, I'm hoping its OK.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I don't call it marketing hype. I collect recordings at 24 bit depth when I have a choice. I can easily hear the diff on my home systems (Altec 19 clones). Dynamics are one thing that I hear missing on otherwise fine sounding systems in people's homes. I'll include a quote here from tweakheadz.com:

Bit Depth

Ok, this is the gospel according to Tweak! Use 24 bit for every recording if you have this feature. I was a believer for the past decade that 16 bit was the way to go and I have absolutely changed my mind. No matter of what you are recording this is true. If you have a nice mic, a very good preamp and a clean audio system and are recording highly dynamic instruments such as acoustic guitars, classical orchestras, acapella vocals, the difference will be there. But! Its not that 24 bits of data makes the sound better. It actually does not. What is does is give your audio more room to breathe in the numeric realm of digital audio. Remember, we are talking about numbers, calculations, not analog waveforms. With 24 bits of data demarcing your recording medium, its is possible to record extremely dynamic music, with very quiet soft passages and extraordinary loud passages. Quiet passages will be less likely struggling to stay above the noise floor on your system. One can record with no compression. You can record at lower levels, with more headroom. This ensures that the occasional peak is not truncated at the top and it will give converters some room the breathe. Because you are not pushing the limits of your bandwidth, your instruments will sound clearer, and the vocals may sound "cleaner", the song will mix better and there will be less noise. So its not that 24 bit recordings sound better. In fact they may sound just as bad or worse than 16 bit. But 24 bits gives the recordist a noise floor and headroom to create an excellent recording. Its a tool, and in the right hand, it can blow you away, audio wise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781