Note 3: Verizon to offer 32gb and/or 64gb of internal storage ???????????????

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Samsung must have heard our cries on our pathetic 16gb of internal storage. I've been reading online reports that larger internal storage will be offered for the new Note 3. If so, that's a huge step in the right direction in my opinion. I would gladly plunk down extra $ for the larger internal storage.

Verizon offering Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear bundle, pre-orders begin Sept. 6 - Mobile PC - iTech Post

Quote from article:
...The Note 3 will be offered in two storage capacities, 32GB and 64GB (Verizon does not list if it will offer both) and includes a microSD expansion slot that will support up to 64GB microSD cards...

CrimsonBlur

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the biggest selling points for me, I can't stand the current "low storage" trend. I may still have unlimited, but even I don't want to stream everything. My 32GB GNex is straining right now as it is, I can't fathom downgrading at this point.

32GB w/ SD Card would satisfy, but it would be an instant buy with 64GB. Please, Verizon, show us some mercy.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I seriously hope they don't force you into a Gear for preordering. Otherwise, I'll sit on my money and check out the other phones coming out.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping for 64GB but I know we won't see it on Verizon, ever. If they are bundling them at a realistic price, I will get it no matter what. If they are going to gouge and force it then I have to weigh the options of being first or waiting behind others :|

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Its great news. Does anyone know what's available on the 32gb, I'm guessing circa 20gb.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I would put my guess in around 23gb, but what does it matter? Everyone will need a memory card either way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It does matter. Apps and games need internal memory. As the devices get more powerful so do the app and file sizes. 2gb on some of the better apps are becoming more common.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Considering that the Droid maxx has 32GB, then I doubt that Verizon wants another Android to have 64gb . of course the note 3 has microSD slot which the maxx does not, but I don't think that the salesmen would be quick to mention that fact

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon could have brought on the HTC One 64GB but didn't. They have this myopic view that no one wants more than 32GB, and that me be for the uninitiated but for tech users like us here we do want maximum storage for maximum use. I wouldn't expect 64GB GN3 anytime at all. I would suspect the internal will be 23-25GB. Plus the GS4 had apps2sd ability and I suspect the GN3 will have that as well. Some app devs do support moving app data as well to the microSD but most have not kept up on it since most Android phones don't offer microSD anymore other than Samsung. They at least know users want them.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I saw a video from ifa where someone showed the storage for a split second. It was just over 20 gb available.

Posted via Android Central App

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This lack of storage issue has been driving me crazy ever since I bought my Droid Bionic a couple of years ago. Since I am a long time gamer, it is CRITICAL that I have as much storage space on my phones as possible considering that many games (especially Gameloft games) are needing 2.6GB of data and my Galaxy Note 2 is a JOKE when it comes to internal storage. If not for developers making outstanding apps for rooted users like "Directory Bind", I would only be able to install a small handful of games on my devices. Unfortunately newer phones take a while before they can even become rooted, and some users don't even care to go that route, so those type of apps are not a solution for everyone.

So when hearing that the Note 3 would be available in a 64GB version I quickly called Verizon to pre-order it, only to find out that they have no info at all on it and had no idea what I was talking about. I was told that all they had was the 32GB and knew nothing more. I then asked the Verizon rep to 3-way call Samsung (as they have for me in the past) to confirm things and she did. Samsung, unfortunately had no info on a 64GB version either! So right now, no one has seen or heard of Verizon getting anything other than a 32GB Note 3. Therefore, I have been suggesting to everyone in the forums I frequent to call Verizon AND Samsung to let your voices be heard. If you guys, like me, REALLY want to see a 64GB Note 3 from Verizon I would recommend that you quickly give a call to let it be known that there is surely a demand for it. The carriers and OEMs must understand the needs of customers that are true power users (2 to 3GB or ram, 64GB of internal storage, removable SDcards, etc.), so that are newer phones don't start to become "watered down"! I know for one, that I will not pay $700 for a beast of a phone with great features but hardly any storage space to install what I want on it.

Hopefully we can also count on an "apps-2-sd" option that will be part of the OS at launch, and that it will truly allow users to move BOTH the apps AND their data folders to the external SDcard!! But I have not seen any confirmation of that feature as of yet.

Thanks.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I do expect Samsung's apps2sd feature to be there since it is on the GS4. I want the game developers to start building the devices to look for external storage knowing that Samsung still supports it, but too many are lazy and won't develop that way.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If I remove my downloads, backups, music, pictures & video files from my GNex, I would have 9.5 GB remaining, even if i only had 24 GB available on the Note 3,since all of these files would be on the sd card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I do expect Samsung's apps2sd feature to be there since it is on the GS4. I want the game developers to start building the devices to look for external storage knowing that Samsung still supports it, but too many are lazy and won't develop that way.

Not many OEMs do external storage, so it's not really laziness on the dev's part.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. The devs starting getting lazy long before OEM's stopped adding microSD, there were many large apps (games) that did not always look for external storage. The bottom line is how hard is it to add that ability it, does it take that much code, it certainly matters to the user and due to it I have stopped buying apps that don't support it.

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Whether you agree or disagree, there's no incentive for it to be done. A good app will sell itself. If you don't buy it, someone else will.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to disappoint but there are a number of users who have stopped buying apps that simply eat up limited storage and are not optimized to make sure of external storage. In today's competitive market losing any sales is something I company can ill afford. I see it as saving me from wasting my money I can spend with BETTER developers.

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
No need to apologize for your disappointing reply. Phones have increased in storage and many OEMs don't offer expanded storage. If you don't want to pay for an app, that's all on you and others who share your point of view. Fact of the matter is that most people buy a good app if it's good. You can say "BETTER" all you want, but that isn't remotely close to rational thinking if you were considering an app to begin with with the only hang up being external storage. Because in the end, you can get a far inferior app that allows external storage. This works both ways and one that I won't be close minded too. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc