Thinking of replacing SG3. Is the S Pen useful or another Samsung gimmick?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am getting N3 because the S pen is very useful in real estate. Our form software is PDF on mobile & the S-pen will allow me to fill it out & sign. At least that is what I have been told. Can anyone verify you can sign a PDF document with the S pen? Other than that, how many times have you needed to write a note, phone number, address and are looking for paper & pen? Have you ever thought of the greatest idea in the world (like coming out of a dream) and didn't write it down. With Note, you always have what you need.
Streetslide, my husband and I are also in Real Estate and Yes if the form is not protected then you can sign it with the Spen on your phone. I have done it! Love love love my Note2! Best phone I have ever owned! Enjoy if you get the N3!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not a gimmick but it's also a feature that I never use on my N2.

Dating myself a bit i guess, but i liked using a stylus with pda's back in the day and was thrilled to go back to it. i find myself turning the phone on by taking out the pen. someone often asks me to do something and its awesome to just pull out the spen and take a note, or add a quick calendar reminder. i handwrite lists, and notes often.

also love being able to write on a screen capture to send to someone, for instance, sent my husband a text to stop at the store for laundry soap, so i took a picture of the bottle and then on the picture circled the "he" logo to make sure he got the soap that is for high efficiency washers....

anyway, might not be important for everyone but i love it. i was truly hooked when i saw the demo of the "scrapbook" feature on the note 3.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Margie - Can't believe more people in the real estate community don't know about this capability. Do you use Zip Forms?
Well, our technology advances so quickly, so I think people just go at their own pace of catching on to it, and some just choose not to. Yes, we do use Zipforms.

Margie

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Dating myself a bit i guess, but i liked using a stylus with pda's back in the day and was thrilled to go back to it. i find myself turning the phone on by taking out the pen. someone often asks me to do something and its awesome to just pull out the spen and take a note, or add a quick calendar reminder. i handwrite lists, and notes often.

also love being able to write on a screen capture to send to someone, for instance, sent my husband a text to stop at the store for laundry soap, so i took a picture of the bottle and then on the picture circled the "he" logo to make sure he got the soap that is for high efficiency washers....

anyway, might not be important for everyone but i love it. i was truly hooked when i saw the demo of the "scrapbook" feature on the note 3.
Haha, I love your example of texting a picture and circling the HE on the detergent bottle! I Love being able to write and draw anything I want on a screen capture!! I completely agree with you as far as a stylus! I used one even on my prior Thunderbolt! Of course that didn't even compare to what the Spen does!

Being a woman I have long finger nails and in the old days I could use my nails to tap on the screen (Palm Treo) but since all the phones now have the heat sensitive touch needed, the Spen makes me much more efficient!

Margie

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ditto to all the things said here about the uses for the S-pen. For more confirmation, go back to the original Note forum to the first pages when we were all exploring and raving about how awesome the wonderful Note was. Or at any of the Note forums, just search S-pen and take a look. It's impossible to know how many folks have bought Notes because I, and I'm sure other Note users, have used them in public and impressed the heck out of onlookers. I was at a home/garden expo and when a man came over and asked what I was doing, I showed him how I'd taken a picture of a layout I liked, and then wrote the company name and number on the picture. He asked me more questions, I showed him pictures of my kitchen renovations where I had taken pics and written measurements on them. Have to admit, I enjoyed showing it off. Turns out he was the head of a large realtor group and said the phone was perfect for his company people. The S-pen is NOT a gimmick. Until you make a decision on a phone, try thinking about it every time you pick up a pen to write on a sticky or scrap of paper, write down something for a store, or to remember later.... be aware of every time you get home from a store and realize you've forgotten something because you lost a list. It doesn't happen if you learn to reach for the S-pen instead of a pen, an S-note instead of a scrap of paper. I can't imagine going back to a purse full of scraps and old printouts, things that get tossed out right along with that important information jotted down on the back. It really is transformative.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63