This morning I tried to do my preorder online to buy a GNote3 out right and it kept continuing me to the 2 year contract charging me the $299.00 price instead of the $699.00 full price that I selected. So I went to a Verizon store and talking about being harassed about giving up my unlimited plan. The guy acted like he did not want my money for the buying it out right. telling me I do not need a unlimited plan. He became argumentative to the point that I left that Verizon store. There was another salesmen doing the same with another customer wanting to keep there unlimited plan. I left so upset that I gave up for today. I will try at my friends store Monday when he is back from vacation. Has any of you had any problems with pushy sales men or problems online?
    09-06-2013 04:31 PM
    This morning I tried to do my preorder online to buy a GNote3 out right and it kept continuing me to the 2 year contract charging me the $299.00 price instead of the $699.00 full price that I selected. So I went to a Verizon store and talking about being harassed about giving up my unlimited plan. The guy acted like he did not want my money for the buying it out right. telling me I do not need a unlimited plan. He became argumentative to the point that I left that Verizon store. There was another salesmen doing the same with another customer wanting to keep there unlimited plan. I left so upset that I gave up for today. I will try at my friends store Monday when he is back from vacation. Has any of you had any problems with pushy sales men or problems online?
    Did he actually refuse you? Or did he just argue with you about it? If it's the latter you should have not argued and just repeated, "will you let me buy it or not" until he answered.
    09-06-2013 04:38 PM
    Did he actually refuse you? Or did he just argue with you about it? If it's the latter you should have not argued and just repeated, "will you let me buy it or not" until he answered.
    I said over and over that I wanted unlimited. It was like he was trying to talk me out it. So I told him that he does not want my money and I left a little upset. I will get it Monday at a friends store.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-06-2013 04:48 PM
    Why didn't u ask for a manager and corporate contact info. Why they won't sell u a phone outright is beyond me. They want your data so bad I'd use as much as u can until they take it from u.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    09-06-2013 04:49 PM
    Because he wanted the commission on upgrading you. If he sells it out right then it doesn't count as an upgrade. Some people don't wanna help unless it's filling their pockets lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    Aquila likes this.
    09-06-2013 05:35 PM
    I called yesterday for a pre-order of a pre-order ... she said she would call back ... she called back right away this morning & something was not right on her end about options .... etc. She said she would call back ..... an hour later I ordered my White Note 3 from the VZ website .... how come no 64gb option? I transferred an upgrade from one of my non-data losers & got my Note 3 ordered! Now I need a case for it!

Cheers, Jon
    karsdroid likes this.
    09-06-2013 05:37 PM
    I called yesterday for a pre-order of a pre-order ... she said she would call back ... she called back right away this morning & something was not right on her end about options .... etc. She said she would call back ..... an hour later I ordered my White Note 3 from the VZ website .... how come no 64gb option? I transferred an upgrade from one of my non-data losers & got my Note 3 ordered! Now I need a case for it!

Cheers, Jon
    exactly what i did this morning....would liked to have had the 64 but have a 64 sd card and have had no issue with my 16 note 2, so i went for it.
    09-06-2013 07:27 PM
    I said over and over that I wanted unlimited. It was like he was trying to talk me out it. So I told him that he does not want my money and I left a little upset. I will get it Monday at a friends store.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
    try calling customer service......i agree with roundpotato, i've found at times i have to stay absolutely pleasant, but just keep repeating what i want until they give up
    09-06-2013 07:29 PM
    I've had issues with the store before and eventually the only person that made it right was the area DM. district manager. forget about the store manager, trust me. I think corporate did find the contact info for the DM though and did file a complaint about the particular store manager for me.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    09-06-2013 07:36 PM
    exactly what i did this morning....would liked to have had the 64 but have a 64 sd card and have had no issue with my 16 note 2, so i went for it.
    I read somewhere today that there might not be a 64GB Version on Verizon. The person brought up how there was suppose to be a 32gb version of the Note2 on Verizon and we never saw it. With my Galaxy Note 10.1 is 32gb and I have a 64gb MicroSD. With the cloud and 96GB of memory combined. I have not filled up my Micro SD or on board memory..
    karsdroid likes this.
    09-06-2013 07:42 PM
    try calling customer service......i agree with roundpotato, i've found at times i have to stay absolutely pleasant, but just keep repeating what i want until they give up
    I will go Monday. I will talk to a friend of mine when he is back from Vacation. Since I work for the state I will make sure I get my 20% discount.
    09-06-2013 07:46 PM
    I read somewhere today that there might not be a 64GB Version on Verizon. The person brought up how there was suppose to be a 32gb version of the Note2 on Verizon and we never saw it. With my Galaxy Note 10.1 is 32gb and I have a 64gd MicroSD. With the cloud and 96GB of memory combined. I have not filled up my Micro SD or on board memory..
    agreed.....i haven't had a problem with 16gb, so the 32gb will be great along with my sd card. i'm not usually super heavy on apps though so i guess others may worry. and yes to the verizon problem, i've found the minute verizon says we will probably get something its a toss up as to weather it will happen or not. updates are always such a big question mark with them on if or when.....
    09-06-2013 07:49 PM
    I will go Monday. I will talk to a friend of mine when he is back from Vacation. Since I work for the state I will make sure I get my 20% discount.
    discounts like that don't apply to the full price of a phone
    09-06-2013 08:31 PM
    Anyone been successful doing a pre-order at an actual store yet? I also tried pre-ordering online this morning. Nothing but problems since I was trying to purchase it at full price. Asked the chat thing about doing it over the phone, and was originally told the pre-order was only for online. Then I came here to see posts about people being successful over the phone. After that I was told I could get it done over the phone, but that I'd have to do it online anyways because I would be using a different credit card to pay for it. Finally spoke to a local VZW store worker I ran into, and she didn't know when they would be able to start having their pre-order. No info given to them.

Unfortunately I didn't have time today to get to the corporate store or call, so I'll wait to next week to see what's going on. Can't believe somebody just won't take my money for this. The problems they had seemed to extend beyond just the online troubles/mixups. Staying positive though!
    09-06-2013 10:36 PM
    Anyone been successful doing a pre-order at an actual store yet? I also tried pre-ordering online this morning. Nothing but problems since I was trying to purchase it at full price. Asked the chat thing about doing it over the phone, and was originally told the pre-order was only for online. Then I came here to see posts about people being successful over the phone. After that I was told I could get it done over the phone, but that I'd have to do it online anyways because I would be using a different credit card to pay for it. Finally spoke to a local VZW store worker I ran into, and she didn't know when they would be able to start having their pre-order. No info given to them.

Unfortunately I didn't have time today to get to the corporate store or call, so I'll wait to next week to see what's going on. Can't believe somebody just won't take my money for this. The problems they had seemed to extend beyond just the online troubles/mixups. Staying positive though!
    I was trying to find a loophole to keep unlimited data on my plan while not paying full retail. I actually chose EDGE and it stayed in my cart as unlimited. However, it wanted the full price for the phone. On the left side panel it said something like $30 due today, but it only wanted full payment at checkout. I am sure the confusion is the unlimited plan on my line and probably defaults to the full price, even though it says nothing of the kind the whole way through checkout until it asks for payment information.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    09-07-2013 07:50 AM
    Unfortunately, this is typical of in store, they will push on contract pricing. If you have problems online, I would recommend over the phone, it should be fairly straight forward.

If you wanted to argue in store, and assuming heavy usage, just tell him, okay, I use say 100gb per month. Since I am losing unlimited data, how much lower would my bill be?

If he dares to say that your bill would be lower, you might as well leave. But if you want to mess with him, say great, sign me up. Then let him start the process and BEFORE signing anything, pretend to read the agreement and then ask him where it says that 100gb is less than $30 a month. Demand to see written documentation. If he says he doesn't have any, tell him that you want a signed written agreement by the manager that it would be honored.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4
    09-07-2013 08:11 AM
    Unfortunately, this is typical of in store, they will push on contract pricing. If you have problems online, I would recommend over the phone, it should be fairly straight forward.

If you wanted to argue in store, and assuming heavy usage, just tell him, okay, I use say 100gb per month. Since I am losing unlimited data, how much lower would my bill be?

If he dares to say that your bill would be lower, you might as well leave. But if you want to mess with him, say great, sign me up. Then let him start the process and BEFORE signing anything, pretend to read the agreement and then ask him where it says that 100gb is less than $30 a month. Demand to see written documentation. If he says he doesn't have any, tell him that you want a signed written agreement by the manager that it would be honored.

This is just great!!!

I'm going to try to pre-order full price over the phone in a little while. Hopefully goes well. Will report back here after its done.
    09-07-2013 08:20 AM
    Another option would be to add a line, or convert your individual plan to a family plan, buy the note 3 on contract for $300,add soon as you get it, activate it then call to cancel the line of Service, paying the $350 etf. With one days service, you would be at $655. The activation fee is refundable within 3 days, and this is written policy, once I had a csr argue that the activation fee was not refundable under any circumstances, I just pointed her to the terms of service... Even then she tried to argue but acquiesced after a while.

There is also the unlimited loophole to transfer the upgrade to a non unlimited line, but not sure if it works on preorder. And in store might not do it anyway.

But if you have a non unlimited line with an upgrade, you can always get it on that line and then move it to the unlimited line.

09-07-2013 08:50 AM
    I was surprised to find that I could pre-order the GN3 on the Verizon site, off contract. Just like the OP, when going in to the VZW store (When I bought my Note 2), they always hassle me, can't understand WHY I want to keep unlimited and pay full price, really, thy were pretty rude. Even to they point that I tired them out, they went in the back, came back out and told me they were out. Commission I guess? To the same point, they really seemed like they did not want my money. I went to Amazon and bought it there. I no longer can tolerate the stores, so time consuming, they amazing amount of up sells, crazy. So now, stay home, wait for Fed-Ex and be happy! yea!
    09-07-2013 12:20 PM
    09-07-2013 12:40 PM
    Another option would be to add a line, or convert your individual plan to a family plan, buy the note 3 on contract for $300,add soon as you get it, activate it then call to cancel the line of Service, paying the $350 etf. With one days service, you would be at $655. The activation fee is refundable within 3 days, and this is written policy, once I had a csr argue that the activation fee was not refundable under any circumstances, I just pointed her to the terms of service... Even then she tried to argue but acquiesced after a while.

There is also the unlimited loophole to transfer the upgrade to a non unlimited line, but not sure if it works on preorder. And in store might not do it anyway.

But if you have a non unlimited line with an upgrade, you can always get it on that line and then move it to the unlimited line.

yes, transfering the upgrade to another line worked for me for the preorder, last year with the note 2 and this year with the note 3....super easy process.
    dpham00 and Aquila like this.
    09-07-2013 12:51 PM
    yes, transfering the upgrade to another line worked for me for the preorder, last year with the note 2 and this year with the note 3....super easy process.
    Good to know.

09-07-2013 01:00 PM
    I would address it with the store manager and go up from there. It is not their job to dictate how you should use your phone and what level of service you pay for. Their job is to sell you the device and keep their opinions to themselves. I had an issue a few weeks ago and will not return to that store. I have been asked to write up my situation and what occurred so someone I know internally can address it.
    09-07-2013 02:57 PM
    Got mine pre-ordered over the phone this morning. On the line with CS for over an hour. Supposedly their systems needed to be overrided to do a full-retail pre-order. Lots of back and forth checking between rep and higher-ups. I had an extremely pleasant CS rep though so all is good.
    karsdroid and Preach2k like this.
    09-07-2013 11:04 PM
    That's how I did it in April for the Note 2 & the other day for the Note 3. 3 lines & mine is the only data line

Cheers, Jon
    09-07-2013 11:35 PM