Galaxy Note 3 - Case & Covers Thread

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 3 Case Thread.

It's not too bulky. The TPU bumper is thick which may give it that perception. But it doesn't make the phone larger (as weird as that sounds)....I've owned UAG and otter boxes for previous phones, now those are larger.....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

It doesn't look bulky by any means and looks like a good fitment, just that, there are other way slimmer cases out there, considering that they call it a Slim fit case

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I have an S4 with the Otterbox Commuter case and really like it, mainly because it covers the charger port & headphone port with little flaps. My wife & I are talking about her taking my S4 and me getting a Note 3. Since the Commuter case isn't out yet for the Note 3, is anyone making a case that has covers for the charging port & headphone port?

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't look bulky by any means and looks like a good fitment, just that, there are other way slimmer cases out there, considering that they call it a Slim fit case

Overall, very pleased. I got the supcase as well and that's much slimmer. I'll probably get the UAG too at some point.....

Too bad you had a bad experience. Service seemed good with me.....

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I like the S line with kickstand on eBay for $7 or so. Light. Sleek. Great protection. Good grip. Kickstand. I've found absolutely no correlation between cost and quality when it comes to cell phone cases. Mostly paying for marketing /branding.

sent from my Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Overall, very pleased. I got the supcase as well and that's much slimmer. I'll probably get the UAG too at some point.....

Too bad you had a bad experience. Service seemed good with me.....

Customer service was ok. I would have preferred it if they offered me another case, but I only paid, $3.51 for the slim fit tpu, so it is acceptable.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I like the S line with kickstand on eBay for $7 or so. Light. Sleek. Great protection. Good grip. Kickstand. I've found absolutely no correlation between cost and quality when it comes to cell phone cases. Mostly paying for marketing /branding.

sent from my Note 3

I usually wait for a sale unless I need it right away. I am not tied to any brand. I bought my spigen slim armor for $6.49. I bought a body glove case for my wife's 4s for $1,and an incipio frequency for my wife's 5s for $5. I got a Seidio extended battery for free ar for my s3.

With cheaper cases, it depends, some brands are ok, others aren't, you gotta do your research more. Sometimes some brands will have a huge sale to get name recognition. Like the Caseology for $3.51 slim fit that I got. I had a bad experience, but my issue was probably a limited manufacturing issue

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I read that Spigen is suppose to be making some sort of announcement about a new case for the Gnote3. I hope that it is the Slim Armor View!!!
Although I love my Neo Hybrid case. I think I would love this case a little better. I like that the phone is completely in the case.

galaxy_s4_case_slim_armor_view_soul_black_thumb.jpg

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I read that Spigen is suppose to be making some sort of announcement about a new case for the Gnote3. I hope that it is the Slim Armor View!!!
Although I love my Neo Hybrid case. I think I would love this case a little better. I like that the phone is completely in the case.

That there is indeed a beautiful case.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I have an S4 with the Otterbox Commuter case and really like it, mainly because it covers the charger port & headphone port with little flaps. My wife & I are talking about her taking my S4 and me getting a Note 3. Since the Commuter case isn't out yet for the Note 3, is anyone making a case that has covers for the charging port & headphone port?

I think the Trident Aegis has the flaps. There may be others IDK.

Sent from a large mobile device

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Why not get the s-view case then?

Scribbled from my incredible Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Why not get the s-view case then?

Scribbled from my incredible Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I do not like it only like the one in the picture. It is much better then the plain s-view case by Samsung. A friend has it on his S4. I like the protection and feel.

aaronrkelly

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

I've been using my UAG Scout case for 2 days....love it. Thin on the sides so it doesn't seem bulky and it fits in my RAM Xgrip.

arttuv

Oct 31, 2013
plus.google.com

I think I'd buy this. I'm also thinking sview but it doesn't feel quite right.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I have 2 cases for the GN3 both from Spigen. The slim fit and the bounce back. Both are good cases, not great. The slim fit is a slippery beast and fingerprint magnet. The bounce back looks good and feels good, just adds to much width IMOP.

The best case that I have found for the GN3 is none, stark naked. Adding a case just makes a big phone that much bigger and less enjoyable for me to use.

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

On the top there is a headphone jack, mic, and ir blaster.

What is a air blaster that is a new one on me ? :confused:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I have 2 cases for the GN3 both from Spigen. The slim fit and the bounce back. Both are good cases, not great. The slim fit is a slippery beast and fingerprint magnet. The bounce back looks good and feels good, just adds to much width IMOP.

The best case that I have found for the GN3 is none, stark naked. Adding a case just makes a big phone that much bigger and less enjoyable for me to use.

If you ever drop that precious phone without a case and get so much as a hairline scratch on it your feelings on this may change.

from a Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

What is a air blaster that is a new one on me ? :confused:

IR blaster. It allows the note 3 to act like a universal remote control. Can be controlled from the lock screen, notification bar drop down, widget on the home screen or watchon app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383582816354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383582816354.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 122

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

If you ever drop that precious phone without a case and get so much as a hairline scratch on it your feelings on this may change.

from a Note 3

The only screen I have ever broken on a phone was wrapped in a Otter box case :confused:. My biggest concern is the screen and I have a glass screen protector on it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The only screen I have ever broken on a phone was wrapped in a Otter box case :confused:. My biggest concern is the screen and I have a glass screen protector on it.

I thought Otterbox only had a plastic screen protector on the front? Any point impact on the screen may cause it to shatter

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835