Galaxy Note 3 - Case & Covers Thread

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 3 Case Thread.

Anyone try the Spigen Bounce or Spigen Slim Armor?

Posted via Android Central App

Mine is the slim Armour and it provides a very snug fit. The buttons are also easy to access with the case on. And no I won't test how well it protects the phone. :p

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Question about the Neo Hybrid for those who own it or might know.

I've just been reading some comments about the paint chipping off of the plastic band for some owners. Are all colors painted, or are some just colored plastic?

I'm mainly looking into the white, which I was assuming wouldn't need to be painted since it's just white? Possibly looking at the champagne gold also, but I haven't seen one in anything besides the stock pictures, so I'm worried it may look too tacky with a white note 3.

Thanks!

No paint chipping yet. I have the Reventon yellow band. I'm also pretty careful with my phone even though it's in a case. I'll update if it does start wearing or chipping. That'll be really disappointing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Are you speaking of the Neo Hybrid? If so, I thought the rubber section was all one piece, how is the back slippery but the front not? Maybe I'm misunderstanding. :)

Yes the Neo Hybrid is the case I am speaking about. The "soft" part is indeed a single piece but the sides are soft and grippy whereas the back is hard and very slick. Looks to be cast somewhat like an automotive dash where one surface is foam and the other is un-blown dense and hard. I found it to be a real disappointment over the phone back cover which is better looking and has a great feel to it allowing me to hold it securely and comfortably.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes the Neo Hybrid is the case I am speaking about. The "soft" part is indeed a single piece but the sides are soft and grippy whereas the back is hard and very slick. Looks to be cast somewhat like an automotive dash where one surface is foam and the other is un-blown dense and hard. I found it to be a real disappointment over the phone back cover which is better looking and has a great feel to it allowing me to hold it securely and comfortably.

Thanks, this helps out a lot! :) Back to searching....

Swartscough1

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I have a Verizon Note 3, and purchased a Tech 21 Impact Tactical Smokey Case from the T mobile website. It is a great case if you are looking for a TPU style case that has grip but does not stick in your pocket, and offers some drop protection. The case is matte gray with a slight orange band showing through around the edge of the phone. There are several other models coming on the Tech21 website. I emailed Tech21 yesterday asking when the other cases would be out, but have not received a reply yet...

Tech 21 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case - Impact Tactical Smokey

Tech 21 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Cases - Protective and stylish Note 3 cases

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I have a Verizon Note 3, and purchased a Tech 21 Impact Tactical Smokey Case from the T mobile website. It is a great case if you are looking for a TPU style case that has grip but does not stick in your pocket, and offers some drop protection. The case is matte gray with a slight orange band showing through around the edge of the phone. There are several other models coming on the Tech21 website. I emailed Tech21 yesterday asking when the other cases would be out, but have not received a reply yet...

Tech 21 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case - Impact Tactical Smokey

Tech 21 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Cases - Protective and stylish Note 3 cases

That case looks very nice. Do you have it yet? And if so, does it raise the camera enough so it doesn't touch the table?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Here are a few pics of my leather pouch/Spigen case. Taken with a galaxy Tab so please no debating how sucky the camera is....

20131025_131655[1].jpg
20131025_131730[1].jpg
20131025_131836[1].jpg

Swartscough1

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I have been using it for about a week now, and yes it does raise the camera just enough so it does not hit the table. I had the clear version of the same case on my Note 2 and really liked it as well. Fits great, and offers thin protection.

That case looks very nice. Do you have it yet? And if so, does it raise the camera enough so it doesn't touch the table?

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

My Spigen Neo Hybrid came today. Really fast cause I ordered it the 18th of October and it had a delivery date as far out as the 5th of November. Love the styling, fit is perfect. I give it a 4.5 out of 5 because I wish it was more grippy.1382730488213.jpg1382730533001.jpg1382730579915.jpg1382730607640.jpg

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Question for those with the wallet style cases... on all of them the credit cards touch the screen when they're closed. This doesn't scratch the screen?

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

My Spigen Neo Hybrid came today. Really fast cause I ordered it the 18th of October and it had a delivery date as far out as the 5th of November. Love the styling, fit is perfect. I give it a 4.5 out of 5 because I wish it was more grippy.View attachment 88834View attachment 88835View attachment 88836View attachment 88837

Nice pics.

The back looks like a soft rubber. Does it attract finger prints?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

No paint chipping yet. I have the Reventon yellow band. I'm also pretty careful with my phone even though it's in a case. I'll update if it does start wearing or chipping. That'll be really disappointing.

It chipped. Really small but I can see it. I wonder if Spigen will send me a new band?

Attachments

• 1382740462461.jpg
    1382740462461.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 45

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!
What's the added bulk like?

I got my spigen slim armor today too. Solid feeling case but certainly more bulky and heavier than cimo or Cruzerlite, but those are designed to be thin tpu. The slim armor seems to give good protection. Overall, pleased with the $6.50 I spent on the spigen slim armor

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

My Spigen Neo Hybrid came today. Really fast cause I ordered it the 18th of October and it had a delivery date as far out as the 5th of November. Love the styling, fit is perfect. I give it a 4.5 out of 5 because I wish it was more grippy.View attachment 88834View attachment 88835View attachment 88836View attachment 88837

That silver looks awesome. If Spigen doesn't send me a new band I may just paint it myself.

Beantown Bashers

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

What's the added bulk like?

I just put on my white slim armor case.....It looks nice, I bought it because amazon was running a special so I ordered one and got it in 3 days (today).

I am struggling with the new width of depth the case adds to the Note 3

I bought the black combo from Verizon on the day I got the phone because I refused to walk around with it naked. That case while bland did the job and did not add any size (depth or width) to the phone.

Two days later I stopped in an AT&T store and found and bought the Black S-View case....perfect fit (you take off the Verizon back), secure and looks nice. I think because I have been using the s-view case the slim armor feels uncomfortable in my hands....btw....I have large hands.

I am waiting for the day Spigen (fingers crossed) makes the slim armor view .....now that is the case that I want!

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

My new case. Love it. Only took a week to receive it. Ordered it from Amazon on 10/21 and got it 10/25.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1382750841621.jpg
    1382750841621.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 1382750851393.jpg
    1382750851393.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 59
  • 1382750859306.jpg
    1382750859306.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 60

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Glad you posted picture of that case was just about to post I have the wireless cool puck and generic note 3 wireless receiver inside my Spigen and it is working great. No bulge on cover and as of its first attemp at charging will let it go tonight but it came on and said I was wirelessly charging, and puck gave one beep to signify hookup with blue light. In the morning is all is well and 100% will edit post but for now am real pleased. after a little sleep picked note 3 up off the cool puck at 100% not hot just a little warm. Very pleased now to find a spot to just lay phone down at night pick up in the morning. charger is KoolPuck from fonesalesman and receiver is docooler Qi standard for note 3 both off amazon $51 bucks, now anyone want a black non wireless oem s-view?

Last edited: