How many are going to hold off until a good promotion to get the note 3?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I see a number of people pre-ordering at full price. Personally, I will wait a few months and hopefully there will be a good deal then.

I got my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II for $37 in February ,though it was because of a mistake that the csr made in price matching. Still, one could have gotten it for $50 back then after pm and gc.

While I realize that that price is unlikely, I would be willing to pay up to $150 for the note 3. I am not in a big hurry since the note 2 still works fine for me.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Walmart usually does a 100 gc on upgrades and new acts every black Friday (has done it for the past 2 years). I got bb to pm it and with my gc I only paid 100 and that was the same unit I got on release day. There will definitely be deals not sure how soon but they will come.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Walmart usually does a 100 gc on upgrades and new acts every black Friday (has done it for the past 2 years). I got bb to pm it and with my gc I only paid 100 and that was the same unit I got on release day. There will definitely be deals not sure how soon but they will come.

Problem with Walmart is their $40p secondary etf,so won't work for me. But may not be an issue for others

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Problem with Walmart is their $40p secondary etf,so won't work for me. But may not be an issue for others

Lol you didn't read everything I said did you? I only used them for pm purposes. Bb took 100 off the on contact price instead of giving me a 100 dollar gc. My point was doesn't matter who has the better sale you can get the store of your choice to match if the do price matching.

kanundrum17

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Ill give it until the 10th' when people start getting theres, if amazon or lets talk /wirefly hasnt come out with a discount I will order it.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
PM is price match. Eft is early termination fee. Gc is gift card. Be is best buy

Posted via Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see deals for full-price purchasers. We always get ignored by carriers and third parties, at least in the US.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Lol you didn't read everything I said did you? I only used them for pm purposes. Bb took 100 off the on contact price instead of giving me a 100 dollar gc. My point was doesn't matter who has the better sale you can get the store of your choice to match if the do price matching.

Ah, sorry about that. Btw, this is best buys current policy on pm of contract phones

"

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Low Price Guarantee?
Yes. At the time of purchase, Best Buy Mobile Stores will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price of contract mobile phone devices from local retail competitors, including mall kiosks. Valid for purchases made between May 23, 2013 - November 2, 2013. Contract mobile phone plans and the online pricing for contract mobile phones are excluded. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Low Price Guarantee apply."

Their current policy also doesn't apply to gift card, maybe the policy was different when you did the pm.

" The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phone devices and plans, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices, Best Buy for Business?, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor's Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. "

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
What is a "contract device or plan"? And are salespeople inside BB stores actually versed in this mumbo-jumbo? Or is this done over the phone? And what is the BB policy re: these secondary ETFs?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I see a number of people pre-ordering at full price. Personally, I will wait a few months and hopefully there will be a good deal then.

I got my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II for $37 in February ,though it was because of a mistake that the csr made in price matching. Still, one could have gotten it for $50 back then after pm and gc.

While I realize that that price is unlikely, I would be willing to pay up to $150 for the note 3. I am not in a big hurry since the note 2 still works fine for me.

Actually that is what my friend said to me that work at Verizon. He said if you can hold off there will be a sale between now and the end of the year. With the Nexus coming and other phones coming for the holidays. So that is what I am going to do. I will try to wait it out as long as I can. Right now I have the shakes because I want Gnote3 so bad.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Sort of, I love the Note series but I'm putting it aside for LG's G2.

So by the time I'm done with it (4-6 months), the Note 3 will be cheap on kijiji.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Some of us just can't wait, and I am one of them, gotta have the latest and greatest immediately! But really, I don't care about the price seeing that I will get 250 when I turn my Note 2 back in to Best Buy, I will pretty much get it next to nothing. By the time they have a lower price, my Note 2 will also be worth less.

Must have Note 3 now!! :)

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Being cheap, I'm going to hold off for the price dropping below $100. And I'm not even as lucky as some of you, already sitting on Note 2.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
One of my credit cards came out of my wallet this morning talking trash and offered itself to me...for a Note 3. "Take me...have your way with me, for I am yours and offer myself, interest free for 12 months, to YOU." ...but I. Will. Be. Strong. My S4 and Note 8.0 said, "You don't need that ho, and make no mistake, she is a Ho...we have everything you need!"

I...I...want to do the right thing but the Note 3 would be...My Precccciiiooouuussss.

Sent from my Nexus 7

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
One of my credit cards came out of my wallet this morning talking trash and offered itself to me...for a Note 3. "Take me...have your way with me, for I am yours and offer myself, interest free for 12 months, to YOU." ...but I. Will. Be. Strong. My S4 and Note 8.0 said, "You don't need that ho, and make no mistake, she is a Ho...we have everything you need!"

I...I...want to do the right thing but the Note 3 would be...My Precccciiiooouuussss.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Lol. Good one. :D

Sent via Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What is a "contract device or plan"? And are salespeople inside BB stores actually versed in this mumbo-jumbo? Or is this done over the phone? And what is the BB policy re: these secondary ETFs?

Contract device refers to buying a phone on contract at subsidized pricing (i. E. $300 for the note 3). Store sales should know. Whether or not they do... That's another story. Or in my case, they conveniently forgot when the rules applied. Good thing I read through all the terms so I knew when they were giving inaccurate information (whether intentional or accidental)

Best Buy and Costco have no secondary etf. They are the only third party that I know of that don't.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Getting the phone within 10 days of all other US carriers is "Promotion" enough for me in the world of Verizon. Im used to waiting anywhere from 1-6 months and still paying the same price as everyone else did on day 1. So yeah, not holding off here.