Galaxy Note 3 Micro USB 3 port

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
so will we be locked into that cord or will we be able to use regular charging cord note 2 cord?

You can use the cord from your note 2 because its backwards capable but it won't charge as fast as the micro usb 3 port. I don't like the design but you have to love options one of the many reasons I love android :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
You can use the cord from your note 2 because its backwards capable but it won't charge as fast as the micro usb 3 port. I don't like the design but you have to love options one of the many reasons I love android :)

great, that's good to know. ....its true, you gotta love androids options.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, the Note 2 came with a 2A home charger. I would assume that the Note 3 would come with that as well, in addition to the micro USB 3.0 cord. I think the main benefit is with the fast PC charging.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, the Note 2 came with a 2A home charger. I would assume that the Note 3 would come with that as well, in addition to the micro USB 3.0 cord. I think the main benefit is with the fast PC charging.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

It will be coming with this cable now for home and pc charging. It suppose to charge that big battery faster..

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Faster and backwards compatible, so superior. It's just another feature among many that makes the Note 3 quite futureproof.

Why it's INNOVATIVE and MAGICAL. So glad Samsung could bring this awesome tech to us. In all seriousness I think it is simply awesome and we are not asked to pay $29 for a cable that costs $2 to make (right apple).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well damn I just ordered a spare Samsung travel charger and cable 2A off Amazon.com. Oh well it can go in my bag for work.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Why it's INNOVATIVE and MAGICAL. So glad Samsung could bring this awesome tech to us. In all seriousness I think it is simply awesome and we are not asked to pay $29 for a cable that costs $2 to make (right apple).

Even better, there isn't a chip inside of it that manufacturers have to backwards engineer in order to learn how to make more cables.