Snapdragon 800 Vs Apple A7

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
While I can honestly say I've never posted a comment on an Apple based forum, IMHO, a TRUE technology lover can appreciate ALL technology on ALL platforms. While Android is my preference, I can appreciate both Apple & Windows devices. And while I don't necessarily like certain Apple business practices, I can certainly say the same about Google, Samsung etc.
Point is, the back and forth bickering between users is getting old. I mean really, you know it's getting bad when Windows makes a freaking tv commercial about it. LOL!
Lighten up folks, it's just a phone. :)

tap'n

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
While I can honestly say I've never posted a comment on an Apple based forum, IMHO, a TRUE technology lover can appreciate ALL technology on ALL platforms. While Android is my preference, I can appreciate both Apple & Windows devices. And while I don't necessarily like certain Apple business practices, I can certainly say the same about Google, Samsung etc.
Point is, the back and forth bickering between users is getting old. I mean really, you know it's getting bad when Windows makes a freaking tv commercial about it. LOL!
Lighten up folks, it's just a phone. :)

tap'n

I agree. I like both platforms (actually,all 3). I have owned Androids since the original Droid, and will continue to own them. Each phone has it's advantages. iPhones have fluidity, basically no lag, guaranteed updates for 2-3 years, unsurpassed (as in not even close) customer service, leading edge processors, best build quality, etc. Androids have bigger screens, 1080p, customization, phone choices, etc.
And you are correct, it's just a phone! :)

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The tests that allow apple to compare are NOT cpu tests. They are browser tests which relies on many other functions of the phone and OS. The A7 GPU is a stronger than the S800 GPU. The S800 is stronger than the A7 in CPU. Stop saying that the A7 only has 2 cores and is so much better because of it. Yes, the A7 has better single thread ability just like intel has better single thread ability than AMD. But AMD just uses more higher clocked cores to try and make up for it. Same thing that S800 does. Clock faster use more power and have more cores and come out in the same ballpark. I dont care how the tech is designed. As long as the whole package is good in the end. The 5s and the N3 are both good in the end. Some things the 5s does better. Some things the N3 does better. Stop trying to say the 5s is better than the N3. In the very few cross platform tests its basically a tie. Some won by N3, some won by 5s. There is not a single test that does just the hardware on all platforms. 3dmark is focused on GPU as is basemark. Kraken, octane, sunspider are based more on the browser performance than the actual CPU. Sure, CPU plays a part, but thats not the only thing being stressed. We really need a Pi test to see the difference of CPU completely independent of other factors.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
The 5s and the N3 are both good in the end. Some things the 5s does better. Some things the N3 does better.

I agree completely, which is what I said in my previous test.

Stop trying to say the 5s is better than the N3.

I don't think that I have said that. That is entirely personal opinion on anyone's part as to which phone is better. I use whatever works best for me, and at this time it is iPhone.
But you can bet that I will have another Android, as I change phones at the drop of a hat! But it won't be a Note. They are just too big for me.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I like everything about the N3 except for the size....it's simply too large for me to use comfortably. (as a phone) That said, I never really got into the whole "phablet" scene. I do however know a few business owners that absolutely love them, and I can see how it would be a great tool for them. We have a couple tablets in the house, my wife is usually glued to the Nexus 7, and I have a fairly new 17" gaming laptop if I need anything larger. TBH though, my laptop gathers a lot of dust as I use my S3 for pretty much everything.
Personally, I'm looking forward to the Galaxy S5. :D

tap'n

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You know, I am tired of you accusing me of being a troll. What is the big deal if I "come in on an Apple thread" to express my opinion? As far as "trolling" goes, for every one Apple fan that posts on an Android forum, there are fifty Android fans trolling Apple forums.
I have said nothing derogatory about you, and I would appreciate the same respect. Thank you!

Sorry I call it how I see it. Mainly because I only see you purposely trying to start arguments about Apple vs Android. It's not an occasional thing.. If i find any thread talking about Apple (bad or good) you show up. I haven't seen you in these forums at all till.. I hit an Apple thread. If finding threads that mention Apple just to start wars and arguments on purpose isn't trolling.. I'm not sure what is. Also it's the first time I've ever said that about you... In the past I said you always talk about Apple is all. So don't put words in my mouth. Thank you!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Arguments, no. Discussions, yes.

Over 1,100 posts, and you haven't seen me?

Oh I've seen you.. In threads starting flame wars of Apple vs Android. This thread kinda called for it.. Others no.. You start arguments and play the other side on purpose all the time.. So after awhile it looks like just trolling.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Oh I've seen you.. In threads starting flame wars of Apple vs Android. This thread kinda called for it.. Others no.. You start arguments and play the other side on purpose all the time.. So after awhile it looks like just trolling.

It's funny that there are no arguments until you show up with your little instigating remarks. You are the one that fans the flames.
Anyway, I'm out. Have a blessed day.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's funny that there are no arguments until you show up with your little instigating remarks. You are the one that fans the flames.
Anyway, I'm out. Have a blessed day.

I know what I am talking about. And you posted those benchmark scores to show that your N3 beat the 5s in a benchmark. ****-hurt a little?
I haven't posted any BS. Show me where I am flat out wrong. You are right about the scores being manipulated, as Samsung has been caught doing just that very thing.

You're right I'm sorry no arguments... Took me less than 5 seconds to find.. Just had to find a post by you :rolleyes:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The battery life on my Note 3 is way better than any iPhone I've owned. But to be fair, I had to shut off all the junk Samsung included THAT DOES NOT WORK first. :)

The battery life on my Note 3 isn't anywhere near the battery life of my iPhone 5. I can barely make it through the work day with my Note 3. With my iPhone 5 I was able to make it home with 60 to 70 percent juice left.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The battery life on my Note 3 isn't anywhere near the battery life of my iPhone 5. I can barely make it through the work day with my Note 3. With my iPhone 5 I was able to make it home with 60 to 70 percent juice left.

What does the battery info say about which service is eating it? Im not having any battery problems, but I think I did read on these very forums some one returning the phone and receiving better one back. Also, someone else had some success by changing sd-card to a better working one.

But of course I understand that if your display time is around 6-8 hours, then you might really have problem getting thru rest of the day. I don't know how that compares to ip5, because I never had one.

Sent using Note3

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
What does the battery info say about which service is eating it? Im not having any battery problems, but I think I did read on these very forums some one returning the phone and receiving better one back. Also, someone else had some success by changing sd-card to a better working one.

But of course I understand that if your display time is around 6-8 hours, then you might really have problem getting thru rest of the day. I don't know how that compares to ip5, because I never had one.

Sent using Note3

It's the screen. I don't think there is anything wrong with my device. I do believe that I have the screen on more than I did with my iPhone 5 when I'm at work, I have my S-pen out and ready to go to use for all of my Note taking. So I am constantly turning my screen on throughout the day. I'm not complaining about my Note 3 I'm just noticing that the battery isn't lasting as long as my iPhone 5. But it could be because I'm using it differently than I used my iPhone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's the screen. I don't think there is anything wrong with my device. I do believe that I have the screen on more than I did with my iPhone 5 when I'm at work, I have my S-pen out and ready to go to use for all of my Note taking. So I am constantly turning my screen on throughout the day. I'm not complaining about my Note 3 I'm just noticing that the battery isn't lasting as long as my iPhone 5. But it could be because I'm using it differently than I used my iPhone.

Well.. I'm reading that your basically saying your using it more so that would explain it. Use your iPhone the same way and it would probably drain the same.

That's like a guy saying his civic got great gas but his Honda doesn't.. But he drives for 4 more hours everyday in his Honda than he did in his civic.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Well.. I'm reading that your basically saying your using it more so that would explain it. Use your iPhone the same way and it would probably drain the same.

That's like a guy saying his civic got great gas but his Honda doesn't.. But he drives for 4 more hours everyday in his Honda than he did in his civic.

That's exactly what I'm saying that's why I'm not complaining about it. And I can't do the same things with the iPhone 5 that I can do with the Note 3.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't read most of this thread, but doesn't Samsung produce Apple's chips and screens? So in other words they produced the A7 chip? I could be wrong, but I know iPhones contain Samsung made parts.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary